My Switch to Maxify 2720

LumEtters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP-6968
Stratman, thank you, again, for the dye vs. pigment ink test method. I'd like to go out into the back yard to pull weeds. But, your test suggestion is far more important, don't you think? So, I'll give up the joy of weed pulling out there in the cold in favor of ink testing here indoors where it is warm.

LumEtters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP-6968
Double2ink test results:
Wicking some straight black ink from the bottle's top, blotting dry the inch wide ring of ink on the 20# sheet of paper shows the black powder pigment slightly transfers to the blotter, another sheet of 20# paper. A small percentage transferred from where the ink had not already dried. Then I put a couple of drops of dish soap on the ring of ink and flowed water over the ring. Another very small amount of pigment detached. The ink ring looked unchanged, very black and in pristine condition. (Around 1975 at our table in a club in Hollywood my wife and I met a cross-dresser whose name was Pristine Condition)

Anyway, I've seen how dye ink smears with just a few drops of water and this is not dye ink. My estimate is the Double2ink is all pigment type.

I wonder if Precision Colors will object if I use it to "stretch" their pigment black for the Maxify.

LumEtters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP-6968
My left hand grabbed my right hand as it was about to put a few drops of Double2ink in the refillable cart filled with Precision Color black. Two slaps later it slunk back frustrated into its cage.

Last edited:

Vorkolor

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250
And dissolves your skin. Careful! :hit

If you rub the ink stained skin with something a bit rough, say a wash rag or kitchen pad or sponge of some sort, the ink will be removed with a little effort from your skin without injury. The key is to not wait. Refill and then wash.

Gloves may be useful to prevent ink stains.

In a fountain pen forum it was recommended to deal with inky fingers by taking a shower and shampooing ones hair vigorously.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In a fountain pen forum it was recommended to deal with inky fingers by taking a shower and shampooing ones hair vigorously.
I recommend doing that on a regular basis, ink or no ink. :D

What the heck are people doing with their fountain pens that they need to shower and wash their hair? :ep I suppose the vigorous shampooing was the way to mechanically remove ink from the fingers?

Vorkolor

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250
Spot on. It's something many people would do occasionally anyway, so it saves the tedium of scrubbing one's fingers with a small brush. Some inks really stick to skin.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
And what, start with her Hair, :oops: I never taught of that, Cool...:p