My Switch to Maxify 2720

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I still think buying a set of empty transparent carts without (ARC) chips and transplant the OEM chips (suppose they all come from China).
Watch the ink level and refill all when one is low (limiting the number of purges).

This in case the visibility of the level of the black and cyan is sufficient.

For refilling the carts in the printer I have some ideas about a bent needle or small tube with a leak at the required ink level: as long as you can aspire air - not ink - the maximum fill level is not reached.

Last edited:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
@palombian - Sounds like a possible solution for the OEM carts.

Refilling in the printer is an easy task with the ARC carts as the refill plugs are conveniently facing you as you look in the printer. Pop out the plug and insert a normal needle to fill. The recommended ink levels are below the plug level (see approx levels drawn in the image attached) ,so no danger of spillage as long as you don't fill too quickly.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 12.16.56.png

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I searched all posts on Maxify, and from what @mikling said

run it like I run a BCI-6 printer. Run it til one cart is physically low. Totally ignore the chips and ink level screen. Pull the plug, pop out each one and top it off

and the instructions on precisioncolors.com it seems to me the carts sold overseas do not have ARC's.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You're right ;).
ARC's emulate the original behaviour, that's what customers expect.

To reduce purges (and filling the waste tank) by changing all carts together you have to watch the ink levels yourself.
Maybe this is only significant with daily use, if the printer is not used during longer periods there are more purges anyway.

Also these printers are not built for eternity, they might be worn out before the ink pads are full.
20-25k office pages in 3-4 years is my own need/expectation.

Since octopus-office.de sells the refillables with ARC at the same price as the ARC's alone, I can evaluate all combinations if I want to.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Yes, that was entirely the route I went down, buy the carts with ARC chips fitted instead of the chips on their own ;)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
An interesting video albeit in Chinese ( I think) regarding the waste counter in a Maxify and ink used during cleaning :idunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05y5xXZiZjE

The Google translate reads like this ( still trying to guees at the true meaning)

"Check the ink flow of the Canon Maxi waste container. Actually check the ink sprayed into the drain tower during head cleaning.

You can clearly see that more ink comes out when cleaning it precisely. If the Maxify waste ink is not absorbed into the internal ink absorber but is processed externally through the remodel, the ink absorber counter should be used after the initialization of the absorber counter using the Canon Maxi Service Tool when the limit is reached .

Conversely, when processing with an internal absorber, when the absorber counter reaches its limit, you must disassemble the maxi pie, replace the internal absorber sponge, and use the service tool to reset the absorber counter.

If you reset the counter without replacing the absorbing sponge, an ink leak or other accident may occur."

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
An interesting video albeit in Chinese ( I think) regarding the waste counter in a Maxify and ink used during cleaning :idunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05y5xXZiZjE

The Google translate reads like this ( still trying to guees at the true meaning)

"Check the ink flow of the Canon Maxi waste container. Actually check the ink sprayed into the drain tower during head cleaning.

You can clearly see that more ink comes out when cleaning it precisely. If the Maxify waste ink is not absorbed into the internal ink absorber but is processed externally through the remodel, the ink absorber counter should be used after the initialization of the absorber counter using the Canon Maxi Service Tool when the limit is reached .

Conversely, when processing with an internal absorber, when the absorber counter reaches its limit, you must disassemble the maxi pie, replace the internal absorber sponge, and use the service tool to reset the absorber counter.

If you reset the counter without replacing the absorbing sponge, an ink leak or other accident may occur."

So the Chinese have a service tool ?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
It would seem that way ;)