My MAXIFY 5350 is on refill ink

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks a lot. You got it ! :)
Advanced functions were not enabled in the driver of the poor MB5100-limp. Setting them back on restored the missing printing modes.
Just in case, I checked the properties of the Pro-10s. and those advanced functions were already enabled, although I use Qimage to print photos with this printer. So it seems that only the Maxify driver is vulnerable to the insidious attacks of Qimage ?
Qimage does it with my PRO-9500II and PRO-10 (think PRO-10S driver is not the same).
I see it only when I make a new profile and place 2 patch sheets on one A4.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Just in case, I'll keep a sharp eye on the driver of my Pro-10s. If your Pro-9550/10 are a prey for Qimage I bet my Pro-10s will be the same, I'll soon know. Coincidently today I was gonna make new profiles, because I switched Chroma Optimizer from Octoink's to OEM.
Anyway, knowing, the cause of the problem the fix is easy.
Thanks again. :)

P.S.
I wonder if Jose Rodriguez knows about this issue. He never mentioned it.
Last Sunday he said that next week the owners of Qimage will be guests in the livestream. Maybe it's a good occasion to ask them.. ;)

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I wonder if Jose Rodriguez knows about this issue. He never mentioned it.
If you bring that to his attention, he’ll probably make a half dozen video attempts at explaining it.. great for bedtime viewing doug .. :lol:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I don't know about the videos. He acts as a sort of 'Ambassador' of Qimage, always praising to no end the wonderful features of the program. I'm not suggesting that he has any 'special incentive' on doing so :rolleyes:, but it seems unlikely that he would make videos discussing glitches or bugs of this software.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm not suggesting that he has any 'special incentive' on doing so :rolleyes:, but it seems unlikely that he would make videos discussing glitches or bugs of the this software.
He has.. It's called Money.. And no matter how much he promotes it, the cigars are still reserved for PhotoShop…

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I don't know about the videos. He acts as a sort of 'Ambassador' of Qimage, always praising to no end the wonderful features of the program. I'm not suggesting that he has any 'special incentive' on doing so :rolleyes:, but it seems unlikely that he would make videos discussing glitches or bugs of the this software.
Qimage's interface is a disaster. This guy maybe is very smart about printer drivers but did not respect the GUI (Graphical User Interface) rules, so nobody finds his way.

I bought it primarily for the border hack on matte papers (fine art settings).
I have some formats for greetings cards etc too.
Never saw a better quality than directly from LR.
The daily nozzle check is only for people obsessed by clogs, by printing something regularly this doesn't happen.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm using Qimage since a long time and it does what I expect it to do; I upgraded to newer releases but must admit that I don't need nor use the capabilities which came with those like RAW conversion or single image HDR or........I don't need all that in one program.
Qimage's interface is a disaster.
I don't think it's that bad but requires some involvement and a learning curve to get the jobs done as intended; I'm not using Ligthroom , and I consider the printing back end of other programs pretty weak and limited in functionality. And yes - Jose is quite overdoing his praises for Qimage.

Latest posts