My MAXIFY 5350 is on refill ink

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I use my Maxify just as I would a laser printer, it sits there till I click print, that could several times a day or once a week, the Feckin thing just works..

I did have some clog issues with I.S. inks but I reckon that was caused by the compatible carts I was using.. switch back to OEM’s and no more problems..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I’m not that stupid to use Canon inks

I tried the Chinese compatible HP inks as an experiment and am very satisfied with the results.
Trying something unorthodox like this is why I call you our "fearless Moderator". 👑

The cheap HP knock-off ink is probably the same as they sell as Canon ink. ;)

Chicken or the egg - considering trying an HP knock-off first or only considering any ink because it is cheaper first? If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. 🐓

PS I am using OEM ink in my Maxify. 🤫:woot

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The cheap HP knock-off ink is probably the same as they sell as Canon ink. ;)

Chicken or the egg - considering trying an HP knock-off first or only considering any ink because it is cheaper first? If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. 🐓
This HP ink was not cheap, nor is it knock off, and its good quality ink, I have used Chinese Canon inks in my Pro 1 also and it was as good as any western ink..:thumbsup

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This HP ink was not cheap, nor is it knock off
Not so fast, Oh Great Green One. It is neither HP ink nor is it a counterfeit. It is a knock-off just as I said according to your own description.

A knockoff product, on the other hand, does not have the original manufacturer's marks or exact design, and merely resembles closely the true product.

... a knockoff is just that: a cheap imitation.
From the legal web site https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/c...er-goods-is-it-illegal-to-purchase-them-31573

Counterfeit:
Chinese refurbished Canon print head in packaging meant to deceive as genuine Canon packaging.

Knock-off:
Chinese ink designed and marketed as replacement for genuine HP ink, not packaged or marketed as genuine HP ink.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Who rattled you cage this week… You'll be hearing from my Lawyers in the morning..:lol:
It is neither HP ink nor is it a counterfeit. It is a knock-off just as I said according to your own description.
It’s not knock off HP ink… It’s compatible HP ink.. There is a big difference.. :ep
Counterfeit:
Chinese refurbished Canon print head in packaging meant to deceive as genuine Canon packaging.
If it's to good to be true.. Caveat Emptor.. :hit

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
HP makes some officejet printers that use 4 pigment inks. They also make ink tank printers for bottled ink. Do they also make ink tank printers for 4 bottled pigment inks? I tried to search the web but didn't find an answer.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It’s not knock off HP ink… It’s compatible HP ink.. There is a big difference
What is your explanation on the "big difference"?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
After damage in the cyan nozzles I replaced the octopus-office.de cyan with expired Canon OEM. This stabilized the situation and even removed some blank lines.
Since I considered the printhead toast I continued to use my first Maxify (the 5350) in grayscale settings.
Also the (octopus-office.de) yellow started to clog.
SWScan1.jpg

I had enough with it and since my new Maxify 5150 emptied the setup carts, I placed ARC's from Aliexpress, refilled and installed the carts.
Strange enough after 50 pages or so the yellow nozzle check had problems too (in a new printer with 650 pages).
I removed the cart, rinsed with demineralized water and refilled with Octoink PGI-72 yellow.
Everything fine again.
There is a small chance it is a reaction with the OEM ink, I rinsed and refilled a last cart with octopus-office.de yellow. The ink was bought a year ago (€19.49 for 250ml).
Until now BK (€52/l) and M cause no problems.

I am rinsing the old printhead, but I don't think it will be usable for colours again.
I will stock this Maxify 5350. As reported the waste ink counter has been reset. Maybe I will buy a spare printhead some day.

Best wishes

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
My MB5150 has printed more than 7000 pages. Almost all of them in booklet mode: A4 sheets with two A5 pages printed on each side. So in fact is around 14000 A5 pages.

Apart from the occasional color mix in nozzle checks after refilling either of the carts, everything is fine except for yellow where I detect a faint banding in the lower stripe of the nozzle checks. I thought of purchasing one OEM yellow cart to see if it clears that minor banding but, as I use the Maxify 95% of time for text only, this issue doesn’t bothers me much. In fact, real life prints show no yellow banding at all,

See the pictures below. At first glance you’d think that this nozzle check is perfect..? No, it isn’t. See in the enlarged picture at right those horizontal blank streaks in the upper part of the yellow band.
Yes, folks and chaps, I confess now my condition of ‘nozzle check maniac’ who can’t stand to see the slightest imperfection on the feckin test stripes. :mad:
:p

BTW. I’m using Inktec ink. The price is good and the other three inks have been always perfect.

Attachments

• max 1.21-a.jpg
    max 1.21-a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 174
  • max 1.21-b.jpg
    max 1.21-b.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 167