My MAXIFY 5350 is on refill ink

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@palombian , @Artur5 , and @The Hat have all been pioneers with the Maxify. Thanks for going where few have traveled and reporting your experiences. :hugs:thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP3
but that a 1 year old batch of yellow clogs a new printer worries me.
Why would a 1 year old bottle of ink just start to clog your print head, I reckon something else maybe the cause, because if it worked for 11 months, why would it stop working. Something you might have done, perhaps.. ? :hu

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-10, Pro9500II, MAXIFY
Why would a 1 year old bottle of ink just start to clog your print head, I reckon something else maybe the cause, because if it worked for 11 months, why would it stop working. Something you might have done, perhaps.. ? :hu
I never had any conservation issues with pigment ink.
Admit I could have rinsed the OEM from the cart, but since it didn't cause any problems the first time, I did what most people would do.
I have solutions but I would try to find out what happened in everyone's interest, the Maxify is one of the last refillable printers.

This remembers me the time I quit refilling sponge carts with dye inks because I was tired to recondition the cartridges (since my children didn't replace them when the reservoir was empty as I asked...).

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-10, Pro9500II, MAXIFY
Yellow nozzles of the new printer (5150) are slowly enhancing (a 600dpi scan is needed to see the details).
Not perfect yet but at the moment octoink.co.uk (@websnail ) LXP72Y is the "good" ink removing the "bad".
I am not amused starting this almost new printer with a damaged printhead.

IMG_20210108_0007_crop.jpg

Last edited: