PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
octoink.co.uk

IMG_8344_S.jpg

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I have used the Eco Fill nozzles from Octopus which are simialr to the one above, They seal the port well and make the "suck air out, push ink in" routine easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzgLoM90D8Y&feature=emb_logo

One trick that helps a bit to avoid ink spill when putting refilled carts back is to lift the printer up a bit at the back (3-4 inches or 75-100mm for the modern printer guru :) helping to prevent the ink coming out of the outlet.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
P.S. let’s see how @stratman gets on when he tries a refill..
It's nice to know someone cares. :hugs

It may be a while because I bought the XL sized OEM cartridges and they have plenty 'o' life left in them.

Check back in the new year! :woot

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@rrreinig : Don’t be surprised at all if, after refill, the first nozzle check is bad. It happens very often. In my case it’s usually banding in the lower rows ( mostly the yellows and sometimes magentas). You need to perform an additional cleaning cycle to get a normal test. It’s also preferably to print quite a bit immediately after refilling, in order to stabilize the internal pressure. As @palombian said, these cartridges are totally different from the sponge based Pixmas. It takes a while to get used to their peculiar behavior.

I did a refill of the 4 carts a few days ago and had to do several cleanings, and even a deep cleaning for BK before I had a reasonably clean output again.
I think my printhead is almost finished.
No idea how long it would have lived with OEM ink, but I have some indications the refill ink accumulates in the printhead.
Since none of the other forum members printed 25.000 pages yet we can't compare inks, but given the huge price difference I wouldn't complain about the octopus-office.de ink.

Soon my new 5150 will have emptied the OEM carts and I will refill it.
I could also transfer the printhead to the 5350 and stock the 5150 with a new spare head (not mounted).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have just changed over all my OEM inks to HP ink and the printer didn’t take to it very well, I too had to do several cleaning cycles to get a good nozzle check, then had to run 10 or 15 test sheets to stop the black leak from appearing on the top of each sheet, must have over filled it…

All the colours look ok dough, but I want to wait a week or so for everything to settle down to see how this ink behaves, or will I have to run a cleaning cycle after a few days inactivity to get a decent print after the ink has settled..

I have fitted ARC chips on all the OEM carts after the refill and each are showing the carts full, but I’m keeping the used OEM chips in case of any unusual errors..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have just changed over all my OEM inks to HP ink and the printer didn’t take to it very well, I too had to do several cleaning cycles to get a good nozzle check, then had to run 10 or 15 test sheets to stop the black leak from appearing on the top of each sheet, must have over filled it…

All the colours look ok dough, but I want to wait a week or so for everything to settle down to see how this ink behaves, or will I have to run a cleaning cycle after a few days inactivity to get a decent print after the ink has settled..

I have fitted ARC chips on all the OEM carts after the refill and each are showing the carts full, but I’m keeping the used OEM chips in case of any unusual errors..

If you didn't seal the ink outlet it is normal the cartridge leaks when inserting.

When you open the front door with the power off you can easily clean the plastic bottom plate.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
My Maxify has been running on Inktec ink for one and a half year without problems (apart from the odd magenta contamination of yellow bars in nozzle tests, after refilling). Before that, I used briefly another brand which was terrible. Black and cyan specially couldn’t stay more than two-three days free of banding. It was a German brand more expensive than Inktec, not cheapie stuff from China. So it seems that, in spite of having bigger nozzles than Pixmas, Maxifys are a bit finicky in this matter.
If you find a brand of ink that works fine for your machine, don’t change.