My First Refilling Purchase

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
Why does refilling have to be so complicated, all that’s needed is two sets of OEM carts and two CLI-8 carts, this approach take the risk out of any possibility of damaging the head due to Yello Gello...;)
Since I have a Pro-100, CLI-8 carts would need CLI-42 chips which I've yet to find where to buy them separately. If I buy the used Canon OEM CLI-42 carts off that eBay site (as mentioned once as a recommendation by @jtoolman in a video) shouldn't that do the trick?

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Since I have a Pro-100, CLI-8 carts would need CLI-42 chips which I've yet to find where to buy them separately. If I buy the used Canon OEM CLI-42 carts off that eBay site (as mentioned once as a recommendation by @jtoolman in a video) shouldn't that do the trick?
Yes, but you would still need to remove the CLI-42 yellow chips and move them to any CLI-42 or CLI-8 (NON YELLOW) cartridge to prevent the jello effect.
Obviously, label the newly chipped one as "yellow" and toss the old yellow CLI-42s for safety.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Doesn't Precision Color solve the Yellow Jello effect with this kit?
16oz Squezy Deluxe Refill Kit with Resetter,Squezy Bottles
8 x 2oz Dye ink in Squezy Bottles, 8 Refill Plugs, Sealing Storage Clip, Ball removal tools, Electronic Resetter, Yellow Refill Cartridge

Combined Price $99.98

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Both my CLI-42 used carts from eBay and the 16oz Squezy Deluxe Refill Kit with Resetter from Precision Colors arrived a few days ago. It wasn't until yesterday that I had a chance to examine them and put together a plan to prep and fill one complete set (8 carts) ready to swap out once one ink runs low that I forgot something: I need 9 more plugs.
The kit comes with 8 clear plugs and one empty yellow cartridge. That's only enough plugs for the swap out of 8 carts. I won't be able to refill the original carts without plugs for those too. So, I ordered 9 more from Precision Color. I had to pay more for shipping since I didn't include it in my original order. But, the new plugs I ordered are all color coded and there are two yellows since I have an extra yellow cartridge.
Tomorrow (which is technically today since I haven't gone to sleep yet) I will prep the carts. I figure I'll do the eBay yellow CLI-42 cart first since it's expendable; if I screw that up, I have a backup.
I do have one more question, but I'll make that a separate post.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
The good news is that you will probably find it a lot easier than you expect. I know I did.

The danger comes after a few refills and you may start to be too casual and not pay attention. Then carelessness or small errors can creep in. Probably the worst is refilling with the wrong colour without noticing until the prints look wierd.

Good luck. I am sure you will be fine!

rs

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
That would be freaky. But, printing with a different ink than intended could only happen when refilling.

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
I'm a newbie also. And I've got a feeling that it's a lot like learning to ride a motorcycle: The first and fifth years are particularly bad. The first for obvious reasons, and the fifth because you get complacent. (I quit riding in my first because of the pain...)