My Canon Pro 100 won't print large images. Prints only parts of image. What do I do?

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
I installed the KB5001567 update. It didn't solve the printing problems. I then wanted to delete the KB5000802
update that had caused the problem but now this update was no longer on the list of updates that could be removed. I don't know if the KB5000802 update could be removed before I installed the KB5001567 update.

Instead I used system restore to go back to before I installed the KB5000802 problem update. Now printing is OK again, but for how long? Is it possible to block automatic install of the KB5000802 problem update?

@avolanche did you get printing functionality back after deleting the KB5000802 update?
Yes, it's back to normal!

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.

At the end of PeterBJ's post is...

Here is a screenshot of what I saw in Windows Update this morning:

View attachment 11829

T don't know if this update will resolve the issues in this thread, or if it is a permanent fix. The timing of this update and the statement about it for BSOD when printing may just be coincidental to your issues. Then again, it may be for your issues.
Keeping my fingers crossed, but it is Microsoft! My screenshot of Windows Update this morning is the same as yours. I think I'll do nothing for now and hope for the best.

Thanks!

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
A few hours after I rolled Windows back to before the offending update was installed Windows Update wanted to install it again. I could pause updates for 7 days, so I did that while waiting for a solution. It seems Microsoft now might have a solution that does more than solve the blue screen problem. See this.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
An article that states the SAME printing issues occurred with a cumulative update last June of 2020!

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/03/18/windows-10-march-and-hotfix-updates-have-issues/

Someone at Microsoft forgot the cardinal rules in the care and feeding of their software coder employees:

71mByypIx5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

One of the software coders at Microsoft

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
A few hours after I rolled Windows back to before the offending update was installed Windows Update wanted to install it again. I could pause updates for 7 days, so I did that while waiting for a solution. It seems Microsoft now might have a solution that does more than solve the blue screen problem. See this.
Peter,

Do you plan to install this update?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I intend to as I cannot keep blocking updates forever, and the offending update is classified as a security update. I'm studying info about system restore points and how to get the KB5001649 update if it is not available from windows update after I have turned updates on again and (if necessary?) run the offending update again. But the Microsoft KB articles are not always clear to me.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Last edited: