My Canon PRO-10 on refill ink - and what happened to my PRO-9500II

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I use good old Fairy and warm water.. It has all the lovely bubbles. .:)

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
What color of Fairy ?.. green, purple, blue.. ? :D
I use the 'clean and pure' version, transparent without additives or colorants, not because it works better but I frankly dislike the smell of those parfums that they put in most soaps, shaving creams and detersives.. :sick
Anyway, for ink cleaning purposes i think that Pharmacist's solution is better than any dish soap alone.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
While I do agree that Pharmacist's solution is very good but fairy wins out because it works on dried ink on the sponge much faster… I wash my hands with the fairy liquid but I wouldn’t use Pharmacist's solution for the same purpose..

If Pharmacist's solution is used on the carts, you don’t have to rinse it out afterwards, the carts are ready for use immediately…
P,S. Green..

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Sure.
now is 6 day no problems whit ink flow from cartridge.
I haw 2 OEM magenta carts same problem whit bouth carts.
Now they are all 2 cleaned and in use again whit same ink.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Very good !
I cleaned a PGI-72GY and filled it with octo magenta, but I had the strange nozzle check again after four 10x15 cm and one A4.
Can't remove all color from the PGI-72M.
Will try hot water.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Are you cleaning with dish soap or pharmacist's solution ?
I don't think that Fairy or similar is the best for dried pigment ink. These kind of cleaners are intended for disolving greasy stuff, not solid mineral particles. Anyway, a slight magent tint on the sponge doesn't means that it's clogged enough to cause ink starving. In all likelihood, none of the the sponges of the other colors are perfectly white but they work fine.
IMHO your weird magenta nozzle test pattern ( and mine from last year ) is not ink starving but clogged nozzles, therefore not directly related to the condition of the outlet sponge. I wouldn’t say likewise of @Borut problems. In his case, cleaning well the sponge seems to fix the issue, at least for the time being.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I don't think that Fairy or similar is the best for dried pigment ink. These kind of cleaners are intended for disolving greasy stuff, not solid mineral particles
I have used Fairy for ten years on theses carts and only had an issue with one cart many years ago which was resolved with Fairy and water, so if doesn’t work why then would I be still using and promoting the use of fairy liquid.

Any resemblance of a clogged nozzle in the print head will always be flushed out after one or two prints, and the exception to that is when the nozzle is already burned out, and these print heads are best cleaned by the printer itself and removal should be avoided at all costs…

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I have used Fairy for ten years on theses carts and only had an issue with one cart many years ago which was resolved with Fairy and water, so if doesn’t work why then would I be still using and promoting the use of fairy liquid.

Any resemblance of a clogged nozzle in the print head will always be flushed out after one or two prints, and the exception to that is when the nozzle is already burned out, and these print heads are best cleaned by the printer itself and removal should be avoided at all costs…

Indeed, I never had to remove a printhead from a good working PRO-9500 to clean, and see no reason why the PRO-10 should behave otherwise.
By alternating 2 sets of carts they remain in good shape without interventions too.