My 3D Printer Purchase - Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
I used to buy very cheap Chinese PLA made by Excelvan for about £7 (delivered) from Ebay. Sadly no longer available. It's very good stuff and I wish I could get more. If anyone finds a source of this, fill your boots (but leave some for me!)

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
My biggest problem when buying filament is deciding what colour to go for!
Is there any difference in printing behaviour between different colours?

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Is there any difference in printing behaviour between different colours?
Yes, though I haven't noticed as huge a difference as some people report. The main difference is that the required print temperature can vary with colour. For example, white filament tends to need a higher temperature and black lower, with lesser variation between colours. It's not something I worry too much about but it's always a good idea to experiment with temperatures when starting a new roll. If you look at Amazon user reviews you sometimes find reports of one or two colours in a manufacturer's product line causing more trouble than others, I suspect because people haven't bothered to tune their temperatures properly.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
This was my biggest, longest and most audacious print since getting my mp select mini last week, a charging base for my OnePlus 5 (it was still an 8 hour print even with really aggressive settings).

NOTE: I had to trim off the top of this in Tinkercad so it would fit / print in my tiny printer.

IMG_20170803_075747.jpg

It fit my phone PERFECTLY, even with the 1+ sandstone case.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2415437

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Fidget Spinners & Bunnies!

My girls decided to finally get into this whole 3D printer thing. First we downloaded and printed bunnies:

bunnies.jpg

Then we took a fidget spinner design and a bunny design and did some editing in Tinkercad and made a bunny fidget spinner!

spinners.jpg

Latest posts