marco_zanna introduction

marco_zanna

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-1
Hi!
I'm an amateur photographer from north-east Italy.
Since 2017 i'm a happy owner of a Canon PRO-1 printer and I love printing my own stuff at home, taking control of the entire process.
Now, after 5 years my printhead is dead :( i order a new one and i've scheduled the installation for this weekend.
I love this printer, the prints are amazing but i'm a bit concern about the wasted pad being not serviceable. I read on this forum that might be possible to modify the printer with an external waste ink tank but before attempt any modification I need to study more.
In the future my dream is to upgrade to something bigger, like a pro 2xxx or maybe pro 4xxx series, but the costs is too high and at this stage I don't want to spend that much money. Maybe one day....

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There are some entry level 24" printers on the market like the Epson T2100 or T3100 or T3100x or Canon Pro TA20, not more expensive than current Epson P900 or Canon Pro1000. Try to get test prints to judge the print quality upfront you can expect. It could be a step up to larger formats, the printer is just one element to get good prints - the paper is important in combination with the inkset - the image layout ; the larger format may let the viewer see details which are just too small on smaller formats.
@websnail of octoink.co.uk could be of help with the waste ink potty.

' I'm an amateur photographer'

you are invited to share some of your pictures with us here in the 'picture of the week' thread

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ion-and-submissions.9937/page-213#post-135827

Last edited: