Looking for QM3-7408-000 (MG5200 Series logic board)

Artefil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MX495, MG7550, MG5650, MB2050
HI,

Everything is in the title I'm looking for a QM3-7408-000 (the logic board for an MG5250, in fact any MG5200 series). Or does anyone knows where the fuse is located. I've changed the QK1-5862-000 (K30314) but it's not the problem, as the printer won't turn ON, next is the logic board.

Any help or idea will be great, And yes I've the Service manual

Artefil

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe the logic board is OK and a defective printhead is the problem? A defective printhead can prevent the printer from powering up. See this post and this thread for more details.

If the printer can power up without the printhead then the logic board might be OK. But sadly a failed printhead can damage the logic board which then can damage a new printhead. Sadly a logic board damaged by a printhead might not give any error messages but appear to be OK.

So replacing the printhead and/or the logic board is a gamble. Newer Canon Service manuals recommend that both the printhead and logic board is replaced at the same time. Is the printer worth it?

The MG5200 series printer is made in 7 different versions for 7 different regions. The EEPROM on the logic board determines the region of the printer. So the logic board is most likely also made in 7 different versions ( different part numbers?). So a logic board bought from for instance the US E-bay will be of no use in a European printer as it will change the printer into an American one that needs American cartridges. If you can reflash the EEPROM you might be able to change this though. See this thread.

Artefil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MX495, MG7550, MG5650, MB2050
Great, Many thanks, will see tomorrow evening if the printer will turn on without printhead or not. Do you think that it will also work out of the box. Is it possible to simulate the presence of functionalities by connecting false loads example something that will simulte the printhead existence ?