Lightoom - current version.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@3dogs I reckon you need to get out more, life’s to short to waste it..:weee

On a related topic I contacted Amazon to chase up the still not arrived Photoshop in easy steps........ They sent an email to the supplier and nothing from them either!!!

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
On a related topic I contacted Amazon to chase up the still not arrived Photoshop in easy steps........ They sent an email to the supplier and nothing from them either!!!

Hi Andrew,

Are you the type of guy who can learn from Videos. If so, there is a huge reservoir of streaming videos on Photoshop on the internet.

Usual caveat - It is the internet so over 50% of the content is either pure cr@p or just plain wrong!

My suggestion for a good start is to google videos by Tim Grey. I have attended a few of his talks in person and find him knowledgeable and a good teacher.

RS

PS: Pure cr@p suprcedes ordinary cr@p which runs at about 80% ;)

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Hi Andrew,

Are you the type of guy who can learn from Videos. If so, there is a huge reservoir of streaming videos on Photoshop on the internet.

Usual caveat - It is the internet so over 50% of the content is either pure cr@p or just plain wrong!

My suggestion for a good start is to google videos by Tim Grey. I have attended a few of his talks in person and find him knowledgeable and a good teacher.

RS

PS: Pure cr@p suprcedes ordinary cr@p which runs at about 80% ;)

I have an extensive collection of Youtube,DVD's and books on the subject.

What I am finding is that as I worked my way through getting comfortable with PS and to a lesser extent Lr I was actively practicing on almost a daily basis for a short time whilst I worked closer to home and was having to spend less time doing farm chores. Since I moved North an hour away to work and my start times got earlier the drive to sustain the practice diminished to the point about year ago where if I opened PS once in two months it was a lot.
Perhaps its a function of my age or my retention I found the need to refresh some more complex things. I have plenty of resources with which to do that. Since this March I somehow found a bit of time...it could be associated with selling the last two horses, float and 4WD:hit but nevertheless a bit more time I have.
So I challenged myself to remember and have avoided using the resources altogether....when we actually put ourselves in sink or swim things come back, slowly at times but having been there in the past the odd snippet of memory can and does lead to finding the path again.

Now to the publication in question, I bought it for two reasons, one I am unable to resist if a person recommends something as being worthy AND I am determined to TEST if @TheHat is correct in his assertion that the book is GOLD.
Since it was not delivered and the seller is trying to hide from his responsibility to resupply the PIG Dog in me smells blood and I am after it....

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Now to the publication in question, I bought it for two reasons, one I am unable to resist if a person recommends something as being worthy AND I am determined to TEST if @TheHat is correct in his assertion that the book is GOLD.
Since it was not delivered and the seller is trying to hide from his responsibility to resupply the PIG Dog in me smells blood and I am after it....

I can sympathise having spent a small fortune over the years acquiring knowledge, and expertise in various areas. My many detractors may see it differently, or have a less complimentary name for the end result.

Unfortunately there is no "One size fits all" solution for learning, and each of us has to determine what works for us.

One thing for sure, self learning in isolation generally does not produce good outcomes. First problem being the teacher. Second problem being lack of a structured approach followed by waning enthusiasm. All downhill after that.

Something like the 6 P's of photography:
"Persistent Practice Prevents P1ss Poor Performance"

RS