Lightoom - current version.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@Emulator
I was ambling through the Adobe site and noticed some tutorials. One that caught my eye was a Panorama option within Lr. I used PTGui and just upgraded to the new Pro version on my new computer. Does your copy of Lr have this option in it?
This is an option that I had not heard about at all it takes Lr one step closer to being a really serious alternative to Photoshop for photographers......I am starting to find that I use layers a lot less this time around but then that could just be that I am making less composite images.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
There is Photo Merge: HDR or Panorama
Merge.jpg

and Edit In:
Edit In.jpg

which may be of use.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Wow!

I have not loaded anything onto my copy yet so thats good news and bad news all in one.....though PTGui is rather good at stitching tough images where there may not be enough detail for most programs.

That addition inside Lr is a B I G leap forward!!!
I really need to get out and look at whats happening a bit more, been far too tied up with the farm for a year or more.

I am really keen to get some new images into the new Lr. Knowing this will allow me to set up a couple of projects to test on the software........plenty of scope here in the high country in winter what with early morning fog and super sunrise/sunsets and all manner of rural properties to use as subjects should be able to set something up in the next couple of weeks.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Why not do a 30day free trial?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I seen this photo in Preview the other day and taught it looked very odd and way out of focus and with the bride pasted in very badly, I reckon this guy needs Lightroom..
Untitled-1.jpg Click to enlarge.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
The Photomerge Panorama and HDR functions in Lightroom are great and very fast. Both provide a quick preview so you can visualize what the final result will look like. A great feature is when the final result is being processed, you can perform other functions simultaneously in Lightroom. Also the HDR function provides a realistic HDR, without the grunge look of many HDR processors.

Bob

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Why not do a 30day free trial?

Long answer (as usual) Last November I ordered a new computer for Photo processing. When it was delivered the builder had substituted a Corsair SSD for the 840Pro I specified. He agreed to supply an 850 Pro but they were not yet available here in Aust................It took them till May to get their hands on stock ( Pro is still very hard to source here) and I asked for them to be linked so that What I put on SSD 1 went instantly to SSD 2. I was open to how that was achieved. What they did was a Software solution ??? but my 500GB SSD's are now an item... with all the program stuff. Photo storage is via a 2TB internal HDD will hold the original Masters. That and the Lr Catalogue backups also go to external - 2TB USB3 X 2 for safety.
That computer was finally returned to me three weeks ago.
I then downloaded all the latest CC Photoshop and Lr ( I am allowed to have a legal copy on two machines, so now I have a copy on the old new machine and a copy on the new new machine), as well as updating all the other stuff I use like : Topaz, Nik, PTGui, Helicon Focus, Bigano, Photimatix etc.
AND got all the other things connected and bedded down...like the CS240, Intuos4 and the USB3 storages...printer and all my other fandangles like Texture libruary etc.

Sooo, have not yet got myself around to actually putting ANY photographs on the damn thing yet......Tomorrow is my day off, its overcast, raining and toooo cold to go outside to do Farm chores and I have a plan to go early and shoot a few brackets to do HDR, Pano, and Multi focus.... I am in hopes I can just plonk myself down on one spot, assemble the pano head and blast a few frames, toss that and shoot a few brackets straight off the tripod and be back home in a couple of hours....THEN!

Well thats the plan.....:clap:clap:clap:hide

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
You left out time lapse.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You left out time lapse.
Funny you say that. One of the Photo Club members bought one, the wrong one and offered me the device for $18. Never used one but have seen any number of Audio vizuals that looked like they may be fun......another thing I have sitting around somewhere unopened - yet....today is not the day tho , but thanks for the reminder

Now where was it that I put my motivation....last time I used it it was........where?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
What do they say about the best laid plans........
6am getup
Noted release of CC 2015
Wow cant wait for THAT connect up and get the goodies rounded up ready to go whilst its downloading:celebrate

:he wants registration, and conforming email to validate:idunno

Reboot............:barnie

Check programme file Lr 5.3 PS 2014 :thumbsup

2015 updates:rant NOTHING:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:duc

One and a half hours on the CHAT to Adobe Support and they finally suggested deleting a file but I could'nt

Then whilst waiting between chat send and receive dip into programme file and there they are...so pinned to taskbar and so far all is good.....:caf

Oh almost forgot.......its 1:25 pm overcast, and flat bland light hardly condusive to gobsmackingly awesom images.....again/still/ some more/ waddya expect!!!

Till next time :hide