KYSON USA CIS Experiences wanted !!!

Cheap_Ink_Wanted

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
An update.... I recently purchased a CIS system for my ip6700d (http://kyson.yangportal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=41). My experience with Kyson was fairly positive.

They promised that i would receive my order within 1 week of purchase. When my order failed to arrive within a week, i informed them of this they checked with their mailing service. Kyson had found out that some how it got lost in shipping. So they decided to just ship me another unit and told me that if i received the missing unit in the mail that i could keep it as a free gift for my inconvenience (it forever remained lost....).

The box was a little beaten up but the content were in good condition. The installation instructions were a little flaky but i expected this. The installation also took longer than i planned and required a bit more "modification" to my printer than what i was expecting.

But information that i was able to find in this forum helped me a lot.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=17193#p17193
Any whoo i've managed to get up and running with no problems so far... fingers crossed......

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Is your K4 Vista ink pigment bases ? And could you show me pictures of the external CISS-bottles....?

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi pharmacist, I think Cheap_Ink_Wanted uses dye ink. You can see the 2nd picture from the 2nd link he provided at this thread. You will see that the color of the ink in his tubing is translucent where he linked the picture. The K4 pigmented ink that kyson sell is opaque in color. According to kyson website, you need to select/specify that you want pigment ink otherwise I think the most of the time most seller will ship out dye ink. I took a look at kyson website, they apparently sell their K4 pigment ink for canon printer without the system, which they call it as 'Vista Canon Pigment Ink'.

http://kyson.yangportal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=49

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Sorry I don't trust Kyson as long as they show no pictures and printouts of their pigment ink in Canon printers.... It sounds to be good to be true..... Can someone show me a Canon cartridge filled with this K4 pigment ink and also a printout with this pigmented ink and does this ink also suffer from the bronzing effect particularly associated with most pigmented inks ?

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Sorry I don't trust Kyson as long as they show no pictures and printouts of their pigment ink in Canon printers.... It sounds to be good to be true..... Can someone show me a Canon cartridge filled with this K4 pigment ink and also a printout with this pigmented ink and does this ink also suffer from the bronzing effect particularly associated with most pigmented inks ?
I think you mistaken. My point actually is to answer your question asking if Cheap_Ink_Wanted is using kyson pigment ink. Kyson Website the Vista Canon Pigment Ink is opaque while looking at Cheap_Ink_Wanted tubing setup from the picture in his 2nd link, it's translucent. But of course, it's better to get the confirm from Cheap_Ink_Wanted himself.

I am not trying to recommend you Kyson Ink since I don't use them. Hope you have luck getting people who uses Kyson Pigment Ink on Canon printer to provide you pictures you wanted.

shrey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have the system installed on Canon i9950 A3. Their install instructions were a joke. I got help from another kyson user with the same printer. He's happy with it and says it's pigment ink.

I ordered the system with pigment ink, but it looks like dye ink and prints like dye ink. Kyson claim the pigments are so finely ground (in order to pass through canon heads) it looks like dye ink.

It fades really fast! I printed on Olmec Matte, Ilford Classic Pearl (not meant for pigments, but seems to print fine), Ilford smooth Pearl and Epson Gloss (I forget which) all faded within one month. Prints I made with MIS ink prior to the kyson still hadn't shown signs of fading - these were printed almost a year prior! All prints were framed under glass and kept in the same place.

Prints that were kept out of direct sun light even faded. Took longer but still faded. My advice - the system is fine - buy that but put either hobbicolor or MIS ink in.

My printer has never had any major cloggs with the kyson. About the same as with canon ink. Even after leaving off for 6 weeks, it worked perfectly without needing any cleaning.

The colour are not even close the canon inks, so you will need custom profiles.

I hope that helps.

Shrey

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
shrey said:
I have the system installed on Canon i9950 A3. Their install instructions were a joke. I got help from another kyson user with the same printer. He's happy with it and says it's pigment ink.

I ordered the system with pigment ink, but it looks like dye ink and prints like dye ink. Kyson claim the pigments are so finely ground (in order to pass through canon heads) it looks like dye ink.

It fades really fast! I printed on Olmec Matte, Ilford Classic Pearl (not meant for pigments, but seems to print fine), Ilford smooth Pearl and Epson Gloss (I forget which) all faded within one month. Prints I made with MIS ink prior to the kyson still hadn't shown signs of fading - these were printed almost a year prior! All prints were framed under glass and kept in the same place.

Prints that were kept out of direct sun light even faded. Took longer but still faded. My advice - the system is fine - buy that but put either hobbicolor or MIS ink in.

My printer has never had any major cloggs with the kyson. About the same as with canon ink. Even after leaving off for 6 weeks, it worked perfectly without needing any cleaning.

I hope that helps.

Shrey
I think pharmacist wanted to see picture for himself. Because pictures speak a thousands word. If not thousands, at least it's say something by being able to visually see it.

Your said you ordered the kyson system with pigment ink? Is your ink opaque or translucent? If it's looks like dye ink, then could they have send you the wrong set. From Kyson website, I think if you select pigment ink from the drop-down list, you will have to top up additional $35 for pigment I think.

Cheap_Ink_Wanted

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacists wrote:
your K4 Vista ink pigment bases ? And could you show me pictures of the external CISS-bottles....?
The K4 Vista ink i'm using is dye based as lin has suggested.... I've printed about 75 - 80 4x6 and about 40 - 50 8.5x11 prints. No clogging or issues so far.... except for an odd stripe pattern that looks like a bubbled water mark that prints near the end of few prints from time to time.... No noticeable fading so far from prints i've made a few months ago on Kirkland paper.... Color seems to be similar to what i got from canon.... So far its been pretty good.... hopefully it will stay that way.... fingers crossed.

shrey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
lin said:
shrey said:

I hope that helps.

Shrey
I think pharmacist wanted to see picture for himself. Because pictures speak a thousands word. If not thousands, at least it's say something by being able to visually see it.

Your said you ordered the kyson system with pigment ink? Is your ink opaque or translucent? If it's looks like dye ink, then could they have send you the wrong set. From Kyson website, I think if you select pigment ink from the drop-down list, you will have to top up additional $35 for pigment I think.
I definitely ordered pigment ink and even refill pigment ink a couple of months later. Just checked my order receipt email, incase I did order dye by mistake.

I have also printed on Kirkland paper (old and new) and both have faded very quickly. I ended up buying a HP B9180 and printing on the same papers as I was with the i9950, none of my prints have faded at all. I have prints made last Sept (2007) sitting framed in the same place as the kyson prints and there is absolutely no fading. If the kyson is pigment - it's not very good. Outside of the fading issue, I am happy with the system for non critical work ie DVD/CV covers, website prints, general printing. On good plain paper is prints great.

Shrey