It is coming: Inkrepublic.com's Epson R2000/R3000 CISS system

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
When buying through Alibaba they guarantee that youre not ripped off from any of their recommended suppliers..:)
That's odd since many Westerners are familiar with the "Alibaba And The Fourty Thieves" tale.

(For you Aussies like Rodbam, this is an example of irony, not sarcasm :D)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That was Iraq not China stratman.
There was also a regular carpet flight once a week..:)

nertog

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000 - PX720 - P50
I tried to contact wel-try before (through Alibaba). No reply from them. Did any of you had success in reaching them? I'm interested in some R3000 cartridges as well. IF anyone could get through we might buy some stuff together...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
That was Iraq not China
Funny you should mention Iraq. According to Wikipedia :
The name Ali Baba was often used as derogatory slang by American and Iraqi soldiers and their allies in the War in Iraq to describe individuals suspected of a variety of offenses related to theft and looting.[5] British soldiers routinely used the term to refer to Iraqi civilians. [6] In the subsequent occupation it is used as a general term for the insurgents, similar to Charlie for the Viet Cong in the Vietnam War.[7]
Why should we glorify Ali Baba, a man who stole from thieves? Do refillers fancy themselves Ali Babas? I do not.

What the business should be called is "Morgiana", Ali Baba's slave girl and future daughter in law, who protected him from the thieves. Morgiana was all about security... at any cost. Don't get on her bad side! :somad

Chakonari

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Nothing worth mentioning.
The Hat said:
You should have gone for the Canon printer.:idunno
The availability of refill options was not enough to convince me to get the Canon. The decision might cost me the next time I need to print a large number - then it will be a price that I have to pay.

Thanks for the info about Alibaba, had a closer look at the site and also found this:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/491110017/refillable_ink_cartridge_ciss_for_Epson.html
It's from the same manufacturer from the link posted by pharmacist. But on this page, they show another view of the carts which shows the chips on them.

nertog.... said:
IF anyone could get through we might buy some stuff together...
I have a feeling that there may not be enough R3000 owners here, to meet their minimum ordering requirements. Personally I'd also rather wait until dealer XYZ can tell me that he's got an inkset to be used with those carts. If the carts on Alibaba are real, it shouldn't take that long.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
jtoolman said:
More ink than probably any of us would ever need in one sitting but at least it is available. Good if it
s real. Now we need some good resettable carts to complete the system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Quart-Pig...pt=BI_Toner&hash=item2eb6e419ed#ht_2431wt_952
Ahhh, yes ebay and have a closer look at the magenta's: light magenta and magenta....Hmmm: I thought this printer uses the vivid versions, not the normal versions. This is the normal K3 version, not the compulsory K3 Vivid.

nertog

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Chakonari said:
I have a feeling that there may not be enough R3000 owners here, to meet their minimum ordering requirements. Personally I'd also rather wait until dealer XYZ can tell me that he's got an inkset to be used with those carts. If the carts on Alibaba are real, it shouldn't take that long.
I'm sure it's no problem to ask for some "samples". If we pay the shipping you can usually order whatever amount you desire. As for the inkset: I was planning to use the Inkrepublics IRK-4 nano inkset for the Epson 3880. If possible I'd like to have 2 sets of cartridges actually: 1 pigment set and one with ultra wide gamut dye ink. I like dye ink for portfolio printing on glossy papers.

Any opinions on swapping dye and pigment ink in these printers?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Is there an actual difference between the Ink republic inks for the 3880 and the ones being used on the R3000 at this moment?

nertog

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman said:
Is there an actual difference between the Ink republic inks for the 3880 and the ones being used on the R3000 at this moment?
As far as i know the OEM inksets of both printers are the same. Pharmacist tested the IRK-4 inks for his 3800 so maybe he can give us seem in depth info on this?