It is coming: Inkrepublic.com's Epson R2000/R3000 CISS system

Chakonari

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Nothing worth mentioning.
I wonder if anyone else was as stupid as me and thought "I'll probably finish my first set of OEM carts end of August* - so by then I'll have refills", and bought the printer thinking "I'm sure they'll manage it" :he

*(The refills were supposed to come in July).

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I did correspond with the inkrepublic folk and they did say that they would be the first company to offer refills and CISS for the R2000/3000 series. There are a couple of videos in U-Tube that appear a bit dicey. If anyone else saw these videos, Was it me or did these CISS carts have NO chips on them. on top of that, They were 1/2 the thickness of the OEM ones so they could not be made to firmly fit the ink cart slots on the R3000 without any wobble.
I hope they were just creating a dummy video before the real kit comes out of manufacture.

Hopefully they are being thorough with the aspects of these two kits which is good in my book.

Chakonari

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
@ jtoolman: Yeah, I have seen one vid (link in the 2nd post in this thread). The system shown in the images on inkrepublic look very much like the ones in that vid - wobbly, chipless and all.

Though as the carts in the R3000 are stationary - as long as the ink is passed on to the head and nothing plops out during action, size doesn't matter.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi chakonari,

actually with a capacity of 30 ml/cartridge, I think most would like to have a refillable cartridge instead of this CISS system. It would be neater. The system is already "CISS" based internally, so why extend the system with another CISS ? It doesn't make sense to me, due to the high capacity cartridges inside this printer. I am actually think purchasing this printer to replace my Epson 1400. It looks really very good.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Hi chakonari,

Did you ever get the R3000? If so, please let us know how is it working out for you?
Just wondering.
I was going to get one as well but decided to go with the Canon Pro 9500MKII instead. Specially on Ebay.
The prices for the PRO9000 and the PRO9500 were simply to good to pass up.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
They look nice! Unless they come up with their own manually resettable or auto chips, i guess you would have to swap the OEM chips and reset with a resetter. Still waiting!

Is Alibaba only for mass ordering from importers? Hopefully the great rebates will continue for the R3000.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jtoolman Is Alibaba only for mass ordering from importers?
I have ordered products through Alibaba several times before and found them a good company to deal with,
very safe too and always got what I had ordered from the Chinese suppliers.
Some companies do individual items and some only multiples just pick the right one.. :)

Chakonari

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi...

pharmacist: Agreed, as a R3000 user, I'd prefer refillable carts (which don't need to be removed for refilling). Hopefully one of the known dealers will start selling kits soon.

jtoolman: I'm very happy with my decision - aside from the fact that there are no refillable carts available yet. The Canon would have been cheaper for me too, even though I wouldn't have saved through any special offers due to where I live. However the Canon just has to many points that would have bothered me and were not worth the savings. I can only hope when refill kits become available, that I'll find ink with which I won't miss any of the plus points of Epson ink.

The Hat: Do you deal with Alibaba when buying through the site, or the suppliers? I have never used Alibaba, but always thought it was just an open marketplace, where any supplier could list their products.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Chakonari
pharmacist: Agreed, as a R3000 user, I'd prefer refillable carts (which don't need to be removed for refilling). Hopefully one of the known dealers will start selling kits soon.
You should have gone for the Canon printer.:idunno
The Hat: Do you deal with Alibaba when buying through the site, or the suppliers? I have never used Alibaba, but always thought it was just an open marketplace, where any supplier could list their products.
When buying through Alibaba they guarantee that youre not ripped off from any of their recommended suppliers..:)