1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Photo stops printing when printer <>computer connection is wi-fi
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Is This Pro 1 Worth spending Money on…

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Wisey, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Aug 21, 2019
    Wisey

Wisey Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    canon Pro-1
    this is what im reading :

PRO-1 series ICC Profile Ver. 1.0.0m for Art Paper Printing (Mac)

File version: 1.0.0m

Release date: 20 September 2018

(Optional) This file includes a set of ICC profiles supporting other Fine Art Paper. This set is exclusive for the PRO-1 series.

To use these profiles, the firmware version of your printer must be the latest one (v.2.000 or later). Download the Printer Update Utility from the download library and upgrade your printer firmware, when necessary.

2. Aug 21, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    DON’T EVER under any circumstances, even under the pain of death, upgrade your firmware, that a fools errant, I’ll say more later…

3. Aug 21, 2019
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    As with wireless routers, never upgrade firmware unless it is known to fix a problem you are having or has added functionality you must have. In other words, if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

ICC profiles are software that is "installed" on your harddrive in a specific location for Canon's operating software can find them and offer those ICC profiles for your use.

Canon has collated a number of free printer profiles for non-canon papers to use with your Pro-1 and OEM Canon inks. Installation instructions on the page.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/groups/3rd-party-papers/

Tip of the hat to Canon for collecting this info and presenting it to customers at the expense of not using Canon's own papers. Don't worry, Canon more than makes up for it in the cost of their inks. ;)

For now, follow The Hat's recommendations on usage and later on when you have your sea legs then get into the weeds.

Wisey and The Hat like this.
  4. Aug 21, 2019
    Wisey

Printer Model:
    canon Pro-1
    I reiterate my respect for you Stratman and the Hat for taking the time to write back, and you do it because you both are on the top of your game, and you both know exactly what your talking about, so a big thank you to you both for that.

I have no doubt i will be back very shortly with more questions for you boffins to sort :bow

The Hat likes this.
  5. Aug 22, 2019
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    You are welcome. There is no one on the forum more knowledgeable on the care and feeding of printers than our fearless Moderator, The Hat. He is our "North Star". And my friend. :hugs

Wisey and The Hat like this.
  6. Aug 22, 2019
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    Pick the paper of your choice, I use Lidl photo paer and I've never ever used Canon paper for any of my prints.
    The Pro1 can give you the best or the worst printouts if you select the wrong profile type, there are many built-in profiles provided by the print driver so you’ll have a lot to choose from without needing to import more when starting out.

My advice is use you photos as they are, only edit the size and shape to fit your media, and don’t try to alter hue, colour, saturation or brightness till you know what you’re doing, otherwise you can ruin a perfectly good photo for good.

You have many things to look forwards too and lots to think about so adding more for you to digest will only hinder your progress and pleasure, so when you ready there are many good colour experts here to answer any questions.

Try this test photo and see how it turns out, just set to glossy paper and hit print.. What you see is what you should get..
    aw-shucks... :love

Attached Files:

PeterBJ likes this.
  7. Aug 22, 2019
    Wisey

Printer Model:
    canon Pro-1
    Hat @@ just printed that test print im so chuffed with it, im still green with this printer though, the infeed tray is where im not sure im supposed to load the paper yet, there are two infeed places where to load the paper, the one i selected wasnt the one it tried to draw the paper through, need to read the book more, bloody hell this printing is another entity altogether.

Also is it a good idea to do a nozzle check regular ?, i did a nozzle check before doing the test print, and the PBK that was totally blocked yesterday had one band right across it ??. so it had started to dry up over night...

The test print you gave me to do is perfect, no faults whatsoeverm no sign of banding or smudges whatsoever, very happy bunny.

thanks

Andy

The Hat likes this.
  8. Aug 22, 2019
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    Yes do regular nozzle checks every so often, they will keep you up to date on the condition of your print head and will actual save you on ink…
    This is the feed tray you will use for nearly all your prints.. 99.5% of them...
    P.S. Your prints will improve even more when you get to use OEM inks...

[​IMG]

9. Aug 22, 2019
    Wisey

Printer Model:
    canon Pro-1
    If i get a new paper and the icc profile isn't on my mac what do i do then, Just a thought.

thanks

Andy

PS @Hat there is another feed tray at the very back of the Pro-1 what is that for ??