Is this cis compatible with px710w

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Check with the vendor to verify chip set. via your OEM numbering.

Your printer takes the 81n cartridge. If I remember correctly.

Artisans come in a number of different cartridge numbering and with different chips.

98 cartridge = North America
T0801-T0807 = Europe
81n = Australia

Good luck
LJH

picic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.I have contacted the vendor multiple times asking only will it work with my px710w he answered multiple times yes. So what to do?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
It's entirely your decision...

$39 is cheap enough but if it doesn't work are you happy to then ship the whole thing back at your expense and potentially waste time and energy getting it to work.

That said it's very difficult to get the Top Seller banner on eBay so it seems this seller may know his kits so it's less of a risk than some sellers..

picic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.Where to buy then.What would be you recommendation.Thanks :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
picic said:
Thank you for your reply.Where to buy then.What would be you recommendation.Thanks :)
I always recommend Rihac.com.au (or .co.uk) based on support, documentation, and real knowledge. Don't take my word for it though, check around for other information and/or drop them an email..

picic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for your help appreciated it.How about this

LINK

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
picic said:
Thank you for your help appreciated it.How about this

LINK
English is most definitely a second language... My concern there would be the quality of the ink...

I'll stop responding to this as doubtless others may have opinions either way... :)

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
That said it's very difficult to get the Top Seller banner on eBay so it seems this seller may know his kits so it's less of a risk than some sellers..
I agree.

I've had extremely good luck with the two dozen or so CIS sellers on Ebay. In some cases as low as $22 which is about 1/3 some of the ones recommended here. Only had a problem with one and the vendor sent me a replacement that did work w/o me having to return the bad one.

IMO if ratings are 99% or better and he sold thousands then Ebay is by far the best place. These's a lot of prejudice agaist Ebay here. In fact a general trend on all internet forums for some reason is to get noobs to spend as much money as possible. Personally I hate being a sucker and always look for the best deal. IMO with the feedback system Ebay and Paypal have there is little risk.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
johnwarfin said:
These's a lot of prejudice agaist Ebay here. In fact a general trend on all internet forums for some reason is to get noobs to spend as much money as possible. Personally I hate being a sucker and always look for the best deal. IMO with the feedback system Ebay and Paypal have there is little risk.
I'll admit I have been traditionally set against eBay as a primary resource because of the number of reports of poor support, follow up, communication, etc... that have followed in the longer term.

Part of the problem is that eBay feedback is very short term and usually relates to the buyer actually receiving their order but with little thought to the product actually working, much less long term.

Beyond that I am also aware of just how much time, effort and expense goes into developing proper CIS documentation, providing quality support and even more importantly, a quality ink. Many of those offering cheap deals suffer from one or a number of the following:

- Poor business plan and costing (longevity of the business, ability to provide proper support, etc..)
- Lack of real understanding of the actual kits, how they work QED: Not able to deal with more complex support issues
- Poor quality inks or inks that come from the cheapest supplier
- Lack of consistency in inks resulting in promotion of clogging issues or lousy output
- Poor (or worse, stolen*) documentation or just google translated rubbish
- Lack of proper testing and QA (especially true when a new firmware or printer comes out... Assumption that a PX710W will take a PX700W kit being a prime example)

So, in essence while it may seem that the prevailing attitude is "eBay seller = bad" there are a multitude or reasons for that... A little searching back to see what happened to Everest CIS kits and the way they continued to sell but never responded despite months and months of good feedbacks on eBay... The forum comments about them got worse but nobody saw that until after eBay + feedback because customers were just going "cheap = buy"...

Right, last thing is this idea of being taken for a "sucker"... You have to remember that the current CIS kits weren't just developed out of a vacuum and many of the designs, ideas, etc... came out of places like MIS Associates, taking the time to develop the idea, the kit, refine it, etc.. and then produce documentation. That costs money, time, labour... hair ;) and that all has to be paid for... QED the kits cost...

This brings me nicely to the bit I asterisked above... Stolen documentation... I have spent quite literally months and considerable expense buying printers, documenting the process and generally working my butt off to support clients but competitors have gone out of their way to steal the information and rebadge it as their own. Same has happened to CIS retailers and the like so when it comes to bargain basement stuff that relies on someone not putting the effort in themselves and then happily coining it at the expense of the source I tend to see red. Sure the customer benefits in the short term but when the original source is losing out, ultimately everyone does...

Of course it's hard to tell who, what, where the source is and who is a rip off merchant but personally I try to locate those with the quality goods I need and not the cheap, rip off merchants... That said I don't just buy the most expensive, there does need to be a reason why it's better.

Hmm... A bit more than my 2 penneth worth, more like ten quid plus change, but t'is just my opinion and sorry if it comes off as more like a rant... :)