Is it dead - Canon Pixma Pro 10-S, 26 flashes, error 6700

Manu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
IP8750 - Pro 10S
Hello everyone, following the detailed instructions on this page: https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-pro-100-cabinet-removal-procedure.14918/#post-129909
The post shows well the hook tabs that have to be pricked with screwdrivers to remove the covers.
When separating the upper cover from the lower one, it is not necessary to disconnect the battery, but to loosen its cable and remove the support where it is housed, leaving it on the lower cover, as seen in the images.
You just have to disconnect the ribbon cable from the wifi module.
Imagen1.jpg

Attachments

• Imagen2.jpg
    Imagen2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Imagen3.jpg
    Imagen3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 111

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Hello everyone, following the detailed instructions on this page: https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-pro-100-cabinet-removal-procedure.14918/#post-129909
The post shows well the hook tabs that have to be pricked with screwdrivers to remove the covers.
When separating the upper cover from the lower one, it is not necessary to disconnect the battery, but to loosen its cable and remove the support where it is housed, leaving it on the lower cover, as seen in the images.
You just have to disconnect the ribbon cable from the wifi module.View attachment 13928
Thanks for the info.

This suggests the PRO-100 battery is on the back right, different from the PRO-10 ?

Manu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
IP8750 - Pro 10S
Hi palombiam, from an image from the previous post (in which you can see the Wi-Fi module), I am almost sure that it is the same as the Pro 10S, only that in the image the battery and its housing are already disassembled.

In my case I have disassembled the Pixma Pro 10S to put a printer potty. The post shows well the hook tabs that you have to go pricking with screwdrivers to remove the covers. Removing the first two using 3 screwdrivers at a time, each time. As there is little space to access the ink waste hose, where you have to unplug and plug in the new one, I have moved the printed card from the USB port tilting it to the right, for which you have to unscrew 2 screws, one has a cable of mass. Then it goes back to the way it was. The printer can be completely disassembled until a printer potty is installed, without unscrewing a single screw except for these last 2.

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks Manu.

Regarding printer potties, I once installed one on my MX7600 All-in-one (using the same PGI-9 carts as the PRO-9500) and I made the error to place the potty beneath the printer.
This increased the ink purge volumes considerably (due to the ink column in the narrow tube).
Don't place it lower than the printer, and as suggested, higher wouldn't harm.

LazyHeat

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10 Pro100, HPDJ500
Thanks for the info.

This suggests the PRO-100 battery is on the back right, different from the PRO-10 ?
The pro-10 battery is in the same location as the pictured 10s.

Latest posts