Is it dead - Canon Pixma Pro 10-S, 26 flashes, error 6700

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I had too, otherwise it would have been a complete waste of time getting the Pro 10 and continuing to use the Pro 9500, pretending everything was going to be alright.. I had to change over sooner or later..:)
I still use a PRO-9500II for A3(+) office prints and posters, photos on matte/fine art paper (and old glossy paper stock where the PRO-10 causes ink pooling).
The PRO-10 is for glossy and luster photos only.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
if you couldn't find the battery of the Maxify, you didn't search well enough.
I wasn’t specify looking for the battery, I was examining the waste ink tank to see if a Printer potty would work better, but back then we couldn’t reset the waste ink counter, so I didn’t fit one.. :(

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I wasn’t specify looking for the battery, I was examining the waste ink tank to see if a Printer potty would work better, but back then we couldn’t reset the waste ink counter, so I didn’t fit one.. :(
Off topic, the Maxify pumps the waste ink up to the top of a kind of tower in the back at right to drop it down again on pieces of felt. Probably to enhance the absorption capacity of the pads in the bottom.
Very easy to connect an external tube with minimal disassembly.

The WIC of my first Maxify was 48%, I did reset it (to test) but bought a new printer afterwards.
Martin would provide a potty but the ones he had were horizontal, while IMO for the Maxify a tank that could be attached vertically at the back would be better, so I dropped the project.

A Maxify is cheap and the printhead probably is long gone before the pads are full (at least with the crappy 3th party inks) it doesn't make much sense.

Last edited: