IP 5000 only prints black for colour

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I've took apart the ole IP 5000 & I can't see anything wrong. The waste ink pads look fairly clean, I didn't even get ink on my hands when I touched the sponges which were a light grey colour. There's no point in me putting it back together (I don't think I could anyhow) as I tried everything to get the colour inks printing to no avail before dismantling. So it looks like a trip to the tip.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
We are all respectfully bowing our heads.

Regards

Ian

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
I've took apart the ole IP 5000 & I can't see anything wrong.
There's no point in me putting it back together (I don't think I could anyhow) .
So it looks like a trip to the tip.
I would hold off the trip to the knackers yard for a while, I mean now that you have the darn thing apart
why dont pull out the purge unit and give it the once over.

If nothing else it will give you a better understanding about the workings of this little unit
and see if its blocked up or the little tubes have come loose.

I would check out the paper path through the machine also motor and gear mechanism and note the sensor positions
just for further reference because there in just about the same position in most of the Canon printers.

You wouldnt want to dump your 9000 just because you had something stupid like a paper jam and couldnt get it working again,
I would use this opportunity to get to know the inside of a printer better.. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
rodbam said:
I've took apart the ole IP 5000 & I can't see anything wrong. The waste ink pads look fairly clean, I didn't even get ink on my hands when I touched the sponges which were a light grey colour. There's no point in me putting it back together (I don't think I could anyhow) as I tried everything to get the colour inks printing to no avail before dismantling. So it looks like a trip to the tip.
Did the pictorial instructions that PeterBJ provided help out? It seems from the links I've read that that would be your path to correcting the 5700 error. Also, the suggestion from The Hat about checking out the purge system sounds good. You might get your printer back up running again. You've come this far! :clap

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Gawd I will try to see more of the bits but I don't know if I could remember how all the bits go back together. Yes the links from Peter were a great help but I still had to use some brute force as some things didn't seem to go as in the instructions which is more me than the instructions.
Anyhow at my age whatever I learn from this I will forget in no time at all but the exercise has been really worthwhile because all the little bits will fit in the rubbish bin easier:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
We're cheering you on, rod. You are boldly going where few have gone before. And for good reason as you're learning. :bow

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
:) Thanks mate.