IP 5000 only prints black for colour

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I soaked the waste ink pad until it was covered in water & the water was just sitting there. I then did the head clean & the water was gone. So I suppose that means it's working OK.
Maybe this means the electrics are buggered for printing any colours.
When I try & do a nozzle check I get the message of a Service Error 5200. I don't think I've seen this before.
Thanks all for the suggestions.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I now get a Service Error 5700 when I turn the printer on.:-(

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
rodbam said:
I now get a Service Error 5700 when I turn the printer on.:-(
I Googled the error "ASF (cam) sensor error" and the first hit had some good information. Note one of the posters fixed his problem without taking the printer apart. I hope that will be your path, otherwise, you may want a manual to guide you through dissembly and re-assembly. One of the posters there was Trigger who may be the same guy that posts here. He was selling guides here before. The second hit was a page with the fix instructions assembled nicely. There were more hits to look at on the Google search.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Some of the posts referred to the heads overheating for that warning code. It's now there everytime I turn the printer on. I think the printer is stuffed. If it's not it will be if I try & take it apart:)
Thanks for googling that mate, I never thought of that, I keep forgetting Google is me friend:)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is a service manual supplement dealing with the error. It is the instructions from stratman's second hit, but with pictures. Download the Canon-1596.pdf file : http://www.download-service-manuals.com/model.php?id=3184

Druckerchannel has this disassembly guide in English: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=1831&t=workshop_change_waste_ink_tank_canon_pixma_ip4000

My service manual for the Pixma 5000 covers both Pixma 4000 and 5000. This manual is very similar to the Pixma 4000 service manual. The lists of service call errors appear to be identical, so I think the Pixma 4000 manual is useful for your Pixma 5000: http://www.timtaylor.net/tech/iP4000 Service Manual.pdf

I was not able to find the Pixma 4000/5000 service manual using Google, but in case you want it I can Email it to you. It is a .pdf file slightly more than 1 MB.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ah thanks Peter I will look through these & see if I can do anything. That will be great if you can email the PDF, I will give you my yahoo email address as my normal email won't accept anything over 1meg.

Thanks again Peter:)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have now sent an Email with the service manual attached. I have also found the parts catalog for the Pixma 5000: http://www.arbikas.com/view/locator/PIXMA_IP5000.pdf The parts catalog contains drawings that are also helpful in disassembly/reassembly of the printer. The catalog is a bit slow to load, but just be patient, it will load eventually.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks Peter:) I've never messed around with a printer before so rather than this one going to the dump I will do my best to fix it & no doubt learn a lot about printers. Your links to the PDFs & email will hopefully put me on the right track.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
Thanks Peter:) I've never messed around with a printer before so rather than this one going to the dump I will do my best to fix it & no doubt learn a lot about printers. Your links to the PDFs & email will hopefully put me on the right track.
That should keep you up to your armpits in ink, paper towels and screw drivers for a while.:barnie
Dont forget to give us all the gory detail after you have returned to your correct colour that is.
Good luck and try not let the wife see you, or you may not finish it before she kills you.. :smack

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks Hat:) I'm still trying to build up the courage to start. I have a hammer at the ready too:)