Intermittent Banding When Bidirectional Printing Enabled

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Hat is onto the reason. Constant pressure ? Isobaric? baloney actually not needed for Epsons.
You need to convert to a drop tube system to run pigment reliably. Use normal containers and have the tubes hang and drop into the ink bottles. Heavier pigmented/darker colors will usually have more sediments. This is always an issue with pigment. Epson uses steel balls in their carts that used to move and Canon uses flappers to stir things up.
Empty the tanks. Pull off the tubes. Seal the bottom up or use old bottles and drill holes into the caps.View attachment 101View attachment 103View attachment 102

I don't want to dig this old thread up, but I'm very curious to know how can we achieve this with Epson L series to be able to use pigment ink? I mean how can I modify the Epson L series fixed (the old L series tanks are removable, but the newer series seems to get it fixed into the case) tank into the top-dropping system? Anyone experience with this issue before? I haven't own one but I plan to, so just curious.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Why would you want to change anything at the L1800, I'm not getting it, other people are running the 1400 with pigment inks, and the L1800 is no different except the built-in CISS. Have you experienced problems with sediments with other printers ? The L1800 tanks are removable if you want to move them somewhere, and can extend the tubes if you want to. Other models - ET - Ecotank - have fixed tanks , but there is no photoprinter A3 yet.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Many thanks for your information. I haven't owned the L1800 yet, just plan to. I'm just curious how Epson solved sediment issue with their system, or do the tubes actually come from not the bottom of those tanks. :hide