Ink not drying, poor colour quality Black Ink track marks.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Hi,
I have an Epson ET 7750 Inkjet printer and the print media I am using is 270 gsm PVC coated Self Adhesive A4 sheets. Unbranded from overseas. It is used all over the world.
I am told the media is suitable for Inkjet printing.
Attached shows the results obtained.
Are the two black stripes a clue? They are 5mm wide and 27 mm apart.
Any comments and feedback will be most appreciated.

Attachments

• bad printing two black striprs.jpg
    bad printing two black striprs.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 115

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Do you get the same results when you print on the other side of that paper ?

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Do you get the same results when you print on the other side of that paper ?
Hi ISF, It prints fine on the reverse and other plain papers. Also prints fine on Epson photo paper. But not on 3M Controltak or Ritrama or the generic media I am using. :(

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Looking up the data sheet for the 3M Controltac foil I'm reading that the suitable print methods are silkscreen solvent or silkscreen UV , you are using aqueous inks with your ET-7750 , but not a solvent ink nor a UV hardening ink, and you are not doing silkscreen printing. You are apparently not using a type of foil which is suitable for inkjet printing with aqeous inks on your ET-7750.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Hi,
OK this information helps.
But it seems the Epson 7750 EcoTank Inks are solvent based. This from google search.

People also ask

Is Epson EcoTank ink eco-solvent?

Epson Ecotank is an inkjet color eco-friendly printer (uses eco-solvent ink). You can print, copy and scan on plain paper.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Is Epson EcoTank ink eco-solvent?
No, all Epson inks for desktop printers are water based , you may get Epson printers working with sublimation inks, solvent inks require several major changes - e.g. cleaning unit, and inkjet printers are not doing silkscreen printing. It just doesn't work. Look for a suitable foil material which works with water based inks, e.g. for backside printing, and with the glue on a separate foil carrier. But all these will not have the durability of solvent inks for silkscreen printing.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
So so indebted to you for your knowledge and time.
OK last question, recommendations for the cheapest suitable printer for PVC/Vinyl media?
Thanking you in anticipations and thank you again.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
My advice would be to get the PVC/Vinyl media to suite the printer and not the other way around..
You are not explaining what you really need - PVC or PE foils/films are available for aqueous inks on desktop printers with either pigment or dye inks - the surface is treated such that these inks adhere to the surface, you get such foils in various configurations - e.g. white or transparent - with or without glue - various thicknesses etc .

here just one of many examples - self adhesive white vinyl film

https://www.amazon.de/PPD-Vinylfolie-Aufkleberfolie-Tintenstrahldrucker-selbstklebend/dp/B001W9LJ94/ref=sr_1_14?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=VKB1TG74RO37&keywords=inkjet+film&qid=1646326680&sprefix=inkjet+film,aps,107&sr=8-14

Last edited:

Latest posts