INK CARTRIDGE ERROR REPLACE CARTRIDGE on Epson 9700

Milton Mariano Castaño

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1410
Screenshot_2019-11-08-23-31-15.jpg

IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ERROR PLEASE DONT FILL WITH GENERIC USELESS ANSWERS.
hi every one. My epson 9700 start to show this error after i clean manually the head printer. i think that the problem is in the mainboard but not sure. I Will change the headprint with a new one but first i want to fix the error. any suggestion? please dont adviseme to change the cartridge, reset cartrige, clean contacts, do a specific secuential of cartidge intalation, chek the air in the hoses or change drivers or pc, because i did all that. If the problem is in the mainboard could i fix it? i had the same problem in the epson 1410 and i fix it by making a by pass in the F2 fuse in mainboard...i think that probably the same solution will work in the epson 9700 but i not sure. What do you think? thanks very much.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It's not clear to me what you have done so far - how did you clean the printhead - did you take it out ? What are the problems ? I assume that you do refill with your cartridges - into the original Epson ones - or 3rd party cartridges ?
Is the chip still in place, not loose , not turned or shifted away by the frequent insertion cycles ? Do you have a backup cartridge, another one you can use for a test that that one is working ? Can you inspect the contact pins in the cartridge housing - you would need a LED lamp and some kind of dentist's mirror to get there - it could be that one of the contact pins is bent or broken - so testing that with an alternate cartridge would help.
I would not think at this time that this is a problem with a blown fuse , and it is unclear whether the electronics of this printer are similar to your 1410 in this respect. You can search for a service manual, but I'm not sure that it would give you a circuit diagram.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
but first i want to fix the error. any suggestion? please dont adviseme to change the cartridge, reset cartrige
No I won’t ask you to change anything, but I will ask a question:- are all these carts OEM and how much ink is left inside them.. my money is on the carts… Low ink ?

Milton Mariano Castaño

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1410
problem update: I disassemble the printer and check the fuses. Look for the F2 fuse but it was fine. Then I ran into the F10 fuse (luckly Is exactly the same as the F2 fuse on the epson 1410 board) which had no connectivity. Luckily I had a fuse from a 1410 epson board and with a heat gun I changed it. I reinstalled the plate on the epson 9700 and began to recognize the cartridges. the problem was solved for a moment but after reaching 100% ink charge the printer went off. i unplug the printer and power on again and the error apear again. so i disarm the mainboard and check F10 that i changed but it was correct. I kept checking and I found that the F2 fuse (in the Epson 9700) was blown and a trististor and also a very small component that i accidentally placed tin. I will change that component and i will also change the printhead and see what happend. If someone is out there please help. thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would think there is a reason that this or that fuse blows, but if you have all those other components available you can go and test everything out on your own.