I'm a nerd, I have printers, what could possibly go wrong!

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Hello, world.

A conversation about 3D printing on another forum led me here and I figured I'd say hello. Career linux nerd, amateur artist, and professional curmudgeon. My boys gifted me an SLA printer setup for father's day and I'm playing with it while also figuring out lychee, tinkercad, and how I can convert some 2d art I've previously created into 3d printable objects.

Other expensive distractions include photography, drawing and painting, cars, computers, MTG (the card game, not the other one), and whatever other shiny ball of tinfoil ends up rolling across my desk to distract me. We also have a small menagerie of rabbits, tortoises, mini pigs, chickens, and one ADHD aussie shepherd named Charlotte.

Cheers!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Welcome to our group!!!

Career linux nerd
I bet that would come in handy if you started messing with Octoprint, Klipper, etc!

My boys gifted me an SLA printer setup for father's day
Wow, that's epically awesome. They know their Dad well!

tinkercad
I do love tinkercad, but I wish I would have put 80% of the time I spent in tinkercad and just forced myself to learn Onshape (or similar parametric design). SOOO many projects I did that required a lot of measurements, tweaks, etc. would have been way faster in Onshape. That said, I still use tikercad for the random throw-together design.

MTG (the card game, not the other one)
LOL, that was funny! I've never played, but have a lot of friends that are super into it!

Thanks again for all the great intro info!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
A conversation about 3D printing on another forum led me here and I figured I'd say hello.
Welcome to this forum.. You should be very happy with your SLA printer, but Filament printers are the way to go, resin printers are great at fine detail but are limited to what they can produce..

Most if not all our threads here deal with filament printers, so maybe you can enlighten us to see the evil of are ways and change over, resin printers are a whole new ball game and maybe they’ll catch on, who knows..
The best way of converting something to 3D is to change the photo to PNG and invert it..

P.S. I have a Spaniel/Collie with Autism too.. A total bag of Frogs..