HP Officejet 7612 - CIS - informations and issues with refillable cartridges

Valmont

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet 7612
Hello everyone.
I bought a CIS coming from China, on yesterday, for my HP Officejet 7612. It should arrive by the end of the first week of June.
I would like to acquire more knowledge in order to avoid troubles in the process of installation.

here are some questions:
> I am going to buy bulk ink in order to feed CIS, preferably Italian or European ink. What type of ink (and brand, if possible) would you suggest me in order to avoid problems in the printer?
> Dye or pigment bulk ink for my printer? I don't know exactly the difference between the two types. Do you think that using one instead of the other could cause any trouble to my printer?
> Any advice dealing with the process of installing the CIS? (I am a newbie so any advice will be appreciated...)

By the arrival of the CIS, I began using refillable cartridges 932 and 933. I find some issues in the printing process. I did not to use black cartridge since it makes stains on the sheet and then I doesn't print anything during the cleaning printhead process. I just substituted it with a compatible one. I did for the yellow, as well, but it seems it doesn't solve the problem.
The ink is called "pure ink" (by Octopus firm) whereas I don't know the producer of the refillable cartridges.

Dealing with printing problems, I think they are due either to the refillable cartridges or to the ink. I am posting some pictures (2 pdfs and a jpeg) in order to figure out what it could be.

I mainly use the printhead cleaning to cope with it but a lot of ink is wasted in the process and doesn't solve anything since that, after some hours, the problem is appearing again.

What could you suggest me about these things?

Thank you and,

Best Regards

V

ink cartridges.jpeg

Attachments

• after printhead cleaning.pdf
    262.7 KB · Views: 384
  • printing quality test.pdf
    225 KB · Views: 329

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What could you suggest me about these things?
Hi @Valmont, with your level of experience, I wouldn’t try to fit a CISS on your printer, you’re going to get more trouble than it’s worth, cut your losses and buy a Maxify printer, there are quite a few models to choose from and one just might suite your pocket.

It will work far better than any HP can and last your for years, it has all the bells and whistles you’d need and big ink tanks too, it can also be refilled and hardly ever clogs, check them out before you go too far with your current printer.. It’s a real nice printer..

Valmont

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet 7612
I remember I'd decided to buy the 7612 because of two main features:
- RADF in printing
- A3 both in scanner and as a printing option.

I was considering of buying a printer, in the future, which would have the following features:
- RADF both in printing and scanning
- A3 both in scanning and in printing

In your view, is there a Canon Maxify model that could accomplish these features?
I admit that I had never thought about buying a Canon, because I was forever told that supplies would have been more cheaper with HP and Epson. The fact is that, then, I bypassed the matter of supplies via the usage of compatible cartridges XD

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
is there a Canon Maxify model that could accomplish these features?
USA models Maxifiy MB5120 and MB5420

Yes to RADF.

No to A3 paper size

Printing:
Paper Sizes4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes

Scanning:
Max. Document SizeFlatbed: 8.5" x 11" (Letter); ADF - 50 Sheet Capacity
ADF: 8.5" x 14" (Legal); ADF - 10 Sheet Capacity

A quick look at similar Maxify offerings in Italy show NO A3 paper handling either.

The Maxify is meant to be a SOHO business printer, not as a photo printer. Image quality is good for it's intended purpose but not if pictures are your primary use. Text is great.