HP 901 Refill - First Rime Refilling

sathyakala

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The clog was not cleared overnight. With about 1 ml of yellow, I tried nozzle check. Earlier there was only one streak of yellow but now I got 3 or 4 streaks of yellow. I have again removed the yellow ink and put in the cleaning solution. I will leave it for a day or two and see. Should I keep changing the cleaning liquid (in the cart) if I am leaving for 2 days to clean?

sathyakala

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
oops! I am reading Pharmacist thread again. Looks like he has recommended adding ammonia also apart from isopropyl alcohol and glycerol to the cleaning solution which I didn't do yesterday/today. Instead of 4-5 drops of ammonia, I guess I should add 40-50 drops of glass cleaner containing ammonia (assuming a concentration of 10%)?

sathyakala

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
gigigogu - After the last post, I removed the cleaning solution from yellow tank but got filled with less than 2ml of yellow (capacity should be 3ml). Today I tried printing a yellow band in <b>High quality</b>. It did print a band though the color wasn't clear yellow. Maybe it could be because the ink may have got diluted with whatever cleaning solution that was left over in the sponge (could be few nozzles are still clogged). Maybe if I refill yellow again, I will see if the color is better. The Magenta and Cyan test bands are printing fine.

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, it is a progress.
Fill all colors, with corresponding color, and perform a couple of head cleanings, after that print a nozzle check and see the result.