How to use other papers on a HP 7510

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I want to use Kirkland's Professional Glossy Photo Paper with my HP Photosmart 7510 but I am limited to HP papers if I want to use the Maximum DPI setting. What does the paper type modify and how do I make the printer use the maximum DPI setting with other photo papers?

Big_Al

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Joshua said:
I want to use Kirkland's Professional Glossy Photo Paper with my HP Photosmart 7510 but I am limited to HP papers if I want to use the Maximum DPI setting. What does the paper type modify and how do I make the printer use the maximum DPI setting with other photo papers?
Have you tried using Kirland's paper and a HP Premium Plus Photo Paper setting?
Al

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have not. I plan to buy Kirkland's paper but I wanted to know what to do first.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but does this printer have some sort of paper recognition feature? I would just set it to the max dpi and try the paper of your choice. It is possible that other settings will produce as good a result. Experiment a bit.

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This printer does have paper recognition but if I set it to auto, I can't select maximum dpi. I have to select a paper type if I want to use max dpi.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Joshua said:
This printer does have paper recognition but if I set it to auto, I can't select maximum dpi. I have to select a paper type if I want to use max dpi.
Cant you just turn off the auto paper recognition and use which ever paper your want,
as fotofreek just said Experiment a bit..:)

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Whenever I used non-HP photo paper with an HP printer and tried to use "HP Premium Plus" instead of "Other Photo Papers" the black would come out dark green. This was mostly with Office Depot's highest quality paper though.

I think HP has a much stronger chemical relationship between its papers and inks than other brands do. Epson doesn't even have a "print on non-Epson paper" setting in a lot of its print drivers but the regular setting usually works fine. Haven't had much luck using HP paper in non-HP printers, either.

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Oh, okay. Thanks for the information.

Joshua

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
True, I'll try it as soon as I buy the photo paper.