How to refill / reset a Canon Pixma MX860 cartridge?

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the plunge Dave. I'll probably stick with the ARC's (Automatic Reset Chips).

gonediesel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey Ambassador, how did the resetter work out? Anyone with some info?

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So far the ink seems to match perfect. It is almost too good, still waiting for something to happen.

AmbassadorDave

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey gonediesel, I just ordered the resetter last week, haven't even received it yet! Patience, young master. ;-)

gonediesel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
d1hamby, I bought the kit you linked to a few posts back. I ran out of ink and needed a fix right away. I may still head to costco and get a set of Canon blacks to have on hand. Have you refilled those yet? If so how did it go? The cartridge is kinda flimsy with one side being like a shrink wrap. I was thinking about prying the chip off and glueing it to the cannon cartridge. Not sure if that has been done successfully yet or not. Ambassador we will give you a few more days. After that start watching your back. :>) GD

AmbassadorDave

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sadly, the chip resetter from inkfilling still has not arrived. Yet the SquEasyFill bottles from OctoInkjet arrived today (ordered a day later and from the UK, while I am in the US)...

Take care,
Dave

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I received an email from them after asking about the resetter and they said it was back ordered so it can take a week or two to ship. I hate the suspense! :mad:

AmbassadorDave

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
vallejoboy said:
I received an email from them after asking about the resetter and they said it was back ordered so it can take a week or two to ship. I hate the suspense! :mad:
I just received an e-mail reply back from inkfilling as well. They say it will ship on the 20th, same back ordered story you heard.

Why can't they all be as good to deal with as OctoInkjet?

Take care,
Dave

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
gonediesel said:
d1hamby, I bought the kit you linked to a few posts back. I ran out of ink and needed a fix right away. I may still head to costco and get a set of Canon blacks to have on hand. Have you refilled those yet? If so how did it go? The cartridge is kinda flimsy with one side being like a shrink wrap. I was thinking about prying the chip off and glueing it to the cannon cartridge. Not sure if that has been done successfully yet or not. Ambassador we will give you a few more days. After that start watching your back. :>) GD
Yea, I was thinking about doing that with a CIS. I refilled a few and did it the same way I've been doing it for years. I put a small hole in the top and used a 4-40 set screw to reseal the hole flush.