How to find and trust iP4500 X replacement print head

Thanks for the update, @TGWOH
 
I had a IP4200 for over 10 years. Outstanding prints from day one. It started printing poorly after about 7 years. I determined the print head was bad and ordered one from Hong Kong. I received it in about 10 days. It installed easily and worked perfectly for over 3 years.

Past October, during an important print job, a puff of smoke came up from the top right of the printer. Not good! It ceased to function after that. I have no idea what went wrong and went shopping for a replacement.

I replaced it with a MX922. It was on sale for 50% and i got another 10% price match reduction This is a big, bulky and slow machine. It has more features than the IP4200.
Prints, both photo and text are outstanding. And being wireless, I can print from anywhere.

I also have a Pro 100. It is a excellent larger scale color printer but does not do duplex printing. It is cumbersom for multi paged text and brochures.

I lean towards Pixma printers because they are all I have any experience with. Canon has told me they no longer give online support for Pixma printers. Phone support is available.
For that reason I now hesitate to reccomend the Pixma printer.
 
I have 1-used 4500 as well as 2-new TS5020 waiting as well. I bet I will make at least 100% return on the TS5020 if I sold it next year. Better than equities...but strictly on a percentage basis. Would take a warehouse full to fund retirement. I also stored away 2-MX870s. These machines are excellent but slow. Ideal for the casual user. My sister was given a used one for 5 years now and I have not had to help her at all. That says a lot. The MX870 does not conform to all the new wireless standards so I had to install an older router as a switch to allow Wifi connection. That was the reason the seller sold it, he had wireless issues but did not know why.

Would you think the TS5020 (or an MB2120) would be a better investment than a pro-100 s? In the long run I mean, compared to equities so to speak..

thanks!
kasper
 
I had an ip4200 for about 7 years but it finally died.
I have an MX870 - I use it on my iMac via USB. As mikling said it doesn't like wifi.They are built to last.
I also have another 3 MX870 complete with new heads.
I also have 3 spare MX 895 with a total of 6 heads - my wife uses the MX895 via wireless.
So I think I have a suitable supply for a while - the problem in the end will be the lack of drivers.
I have been using the Durchstich method using precision inks for at least 10 years.
The MX870 are still available on Gumtree in Australia.
 
hi all,
hope you're all getting through this bizarre year alright..

I accidentally stumbled upon a working iP5200r - the web says it uses the same print head as the iP4500? Is the web correct?
In that case, consider me a happy lucky man.
best,
kasper
 
The iP5200r uses the QY6-0061 printhead and the iP4500 uses the QY6-0067 or the replacement type QY6-0075 printhead. The printheads are not interchangeable between the two printers, but why not use the iP5200r which is also a very good printer and even wireless.
 
the web says it uses the same print head as the iP4500? Is the web correct?
The iP5200 uses a different print head than the iP4500, they are incompatible.
QY6-75-000 works in the iP4500 and the QY6-61-000 works for the iP5200
 
The iP5200 uses a different print head than the iP4500, they are incompatible.
QY6-75-000 works in the iP4500 and the QY6-61-000 works for the iP5200

many thanks @The Hat and @PeterBJ - I knew if there was anyone more knowledgeable than the Internet, I'd find them there.
 
Back
Top