Horrible Problem With Adobe Color Printing Utility

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
The ACPU is joke, made to see how tolerant people are and how much they care about printing targets to begin with. on windows it does not allow to edit margins and is unusable.

Then again adobe never made x64 bit adobe engine for 64 bit systems. They removed "no color management" from photoshop because APPLE screwed it up in their OS and to be safe they removed it from windows too.

So the only way to have repeatable color is to use Win7, Win XP. No other OS reliable - believe me I tested them all.

This thread has me confused, (not hard to do:rolleyes:) Are you saying that if I (upgrade ??) to Win 8, my Photoshop cc and Lightroom will not allow me to switch off no color controls in my Epson 3880?

Cheers,

Andrew

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
"This thread has me confused, (not hard to do:rolleyes:) Are you saying that if I (upgrade ??) to Win 8, my Photoshop cc and Lightroom will not allow me to switch off no color controls in my Epson 3880?"

If you upgrade beyond photoshop CS3, you will not find "no color management" option, the OS does not matter here. It's adobe who removed this option.

I don't know how screwed MACS are but last time I looked, you can't trust them. That is why companies like "Imageprint" makes huge $ on software that costs more than a printer itself.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is very confusing to me also, I have just fired up CS4 on my Mac this minute and I can allow the printer to handle colour or to turn off printer control and allow Photoshop to handle the colour !

Guess what on Win 7 in CS5 it does exactly the same so someone has not quite got their facts right, either that or I’ve gotten my Photoshop installed incorrectly on both platforms.. :oops:

Latest posts