Horizontal lines, head alignment

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
When I print photos on a plain A4 paper, I notice some thin horizontal lines on the print, some of them are on black, some of them are on gray, some of them are on skin color.But when I print the same photos on an A5 photo paper, I see no lines on the print.

Does this printer require head alignment or not?Actually I spent maybe more than an hour to align the printhead , although the problem seemed like got a bit better, it is still not perfect definitely(on plain paper).

I am using an Epson L3060 printer.

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
I want to add that, when I do nozzle check print, it is perfect.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which driver settings are you using when you print on normal paper ?
Please rather try and select matte/inkjet paper to print on normal paper and test the available quality options.

please scan and post the nozzle check nevertheless, and a crop of an image print which shows the gaps.

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Update: The problem got solved, please look at the second post.

Thanks for your answer.

When I printed on plain paper, I used "Plain Paper" and "High" quality setting.

Today I had some time to play with the printer and settings.First I did some more head-alignment.Then I tried printing a different photo and the results were very good.

Then I returned to the original photo, I noticed banding on blacks improved alot, almost completely gone using any(high quality) setting.

But I noticed there is still some banding on grays and skin color.

"Plain paper","High" settings, on a plain paper:
plainpaper_high_1.jpg

plainpaper_high_2.jpg

"Plain Paper",highest quality(set from the slider), on a plain paper:
plainpaper_bestquality_1.jpg

plainpaper_bestquality_2.jpg

"Epson Matte","High", on a plain paper:
plainpaper_matte_high_1.jpg

plainpaper_matte_high_2.jpg

Based on my observations, using the settings "Epson Matte","High" gave the best results related to horizontal banding, I don't notice any.But I think cause of the fact that I am using a plain paper, the colors were the worst of the test, they looked washed out and the overall image lacked clarity, using "Epson Matte" setting.

Last edited:

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Before printing these,I did a nozzle check, it looked perfect.After printing these, I did a nozzle check again.This time it was not perfect.I did print-head-cleaning and then printed the same photo using "plain paper" and selecting the highest quality setting, on a plain paper, this time it was perfect,no banding.

I think sometimes I should not trust the nozzle check's results, if I see there is a problem like banding, I should make a print-head-cleaning firstly.Also based on what I read on Epson's manual, I think print-head-alignment seems mostly to solve vertical banding problems not horizontal banding?

Last edited: