Horizontal lines, head alignment

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
When I print photos on a plain A4 paper, I notice some thin horizontal lines on the print, some of them are on black, some of them are on gray, some of them are on skin color.But when I print the same photos on an A5 photo paper, I see no lines on the print.

Does this printer require head alignment or not?Actually I spent maybe more than an hour to align the printhead , although the problem seemed like got a bit better, it is still not perfect definitely(on plain paper).

I am using an Epson L3060 printer.

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
I want to add that, when I do nozzle check print, it is perfect.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805/1800, Pro7600, WF2010,ET8
Which driver settings are you using when you print on normal paper ?
Please rather try and select matte/inkjet paper to print on normal paper and test the available quality options.

please scan and post the nozzle check nevertheless, and a crop of an image print which shows the gaps.

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Update: The problem got solved, please look at the second post.

Thanks for your answer.

When I printed on plain paper, I used "Plain Paper" and "High" quality setting.

Today I had some time to play with the printer and settings.First I did some more head-alignment.Then I tried printing a different photo and the results were very good.

Then I returned to the original photo, I noticed banding on blacks improved alot, almost completely gone using any(high quality) setting.

But I noticed there is still some banding on grays and skin color.

"Plain paper","High" settings, on a plain paper:
plainpaper_high_1.jpg

plainpaper_high_2.jpg

"Plain Paper",highest quality(set from the slider), on a plain paper:
plainpaper_bestquality_1.jpg

plainpaper_bestquality_2.jpg

"Epson Matte","High", on a plain paper:
plainpaper_matte_high_1.jpg

plainpaper_matte_high_2.jpg

Based on my observations, using the settings "Epson Matte","High" gave the best results related to horizontal banding, I don't notice any.But I think cause of the fact that I am using a plain paper, the colors were the worst of the test, they looked washed out and the overall image lacked clarity, using "Epson Matte" setting.

Last edited:

MichaelKnight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3060
Before printing these,I did a nozzle check, it looked perfect.After printing these, I did a nozzle check again.This time it was not perfect.I did print-head-cleaning and then printed the same photo using "plain paper" and selecting the highest quality setting, on a plain paper, this time it was perfect,no banding.

I think sometimes I should not trust the nozzle check's results, if I see there is a problem like banding, I should make a print-head-cleaning firstly.Also based on what I read on Epson's manual, I think print-head-alignment seems mostly to solve vertical banding problems not horizontal banding?

Last edited:

Latest posts