Horizontal lines epson wf7710 after pigment ink replacement

Eyefinest

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson wf7710
@Ink stained Fingers
- asked if You primed the carts. That is You suck the outlet hole with a syringe until no bubbles are seen and there is no obvious resistance. The sucked ink can be put back in the filling hole.
Just after refilling, knock the cart gently against something so unwanted air pockets may disappear. Let the cart rest for 10 minutes or until you see no foam before priming. Inspect the cart for oddities. Do not let the ink levels go low. Also check the outlet hole so there is no cellophane or protective plastic left. However take care - on some cheap carts this plastic also is there to hold the O-ring (rubber ring) so no air comes in from outside the O-ring.
Is there a capping station clean it. Is there a wiper blade - clean it.
The capping station can often be reached by pulling the wall plug when you start the printer and the print carriage is in the middle of the printing area.
That's the primary.

To many cleaning cycles may also empty some of the ink holes in the print head. Let the printer rest between cleaning cycles. YMCK-bar charts are on the net - download one of those for printing instead of doing cleaning cycles one after another.
If there is a clog - You notice that if you replace to the original OEM-carts and after a head cleaning you still have the same ink bars are missing. Always have a set of reliable carts (OEM) to help diagnose errors.

If this do not help - You most certainly got a clog from some impurities caused by yourself or non-clean cheap carts/inks. If the printer is heavily used before - there might be other things going on.
Ink stained ,,thanks for youre reply, i will try this tommorow,but one question,do you think if i buy a new cartridge set and change the one i have no will solve the problem of not. Cause in getting crazy,this ink thing is giving me a headache now. Im lost. Feeling regret that i bought the printer.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Please let me search for the refill cartridges I used on a WF-7110 some time ago, I think it's the same or a very similar model you are using. Don't get crazy about all this, Epson cannot assure you that any type of cartridge beyond their control can work with their printers directly, it is not an Epson problem in the first place.

Eyefinest

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson wf7710
Please let me search for the refill cartridges I used on a WF-7110 some time ago, I think it's the same or a very similar model you are using. Don't get crazy about all this, Epson cannot assure you that any type of cartridge beyond their control can work with their printers directly, it is not an Epson problem in the first place.
I did as you adviced me,and there is some change in the nozzle check printout. Black is now better and magenta als getting better, im doing the head cleaning with timeouts of 20 minuten.doing my second one Ine.check the printout of the first one.
1571729920348253090385050288332.jpg

Eyefinest

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson wf7710
I did as you adviced me,and there is some change in the nozzle check printout. Black is now better and magenta als getting better, im doing the head cleaning with timeouts of 20 minuten.doing my second one Ine.check the printout of the first one.
View attachment 9427

But after the second cleaning i get this now

15717348843741926401855641730545.jpg

Black is worst again,magenta stayed same. I do it again after a de hours.or maybe tommorow

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
This is a typical internal construction of a refill cartridge, you have a spring loaded valve at the exit at the bottom, the ink is passing through a little chamber - here rounded in the middle of the cartridge, and there are some channels for the air, typically through a maze on the back side of the cartridge. The ink is passing through a fine wire mesh filter to the outlet. You can remove the side cover for a better view. The little round ink chamber should be filled with ink, about half +- , and you can pull the air out via the ink outlet with a syringe , this is typically meant with 'priming' such a cartridge. Please have a look if yours are somewhat similar in this respect.
cartridge.jpg

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cause in getting crazy,this ink thing is giving me a headache now. Im lost. Feeling regret that i bought the printer.

That's just a lesson, son!
Man up!
You as we others do feel that our whole life but never tells anyone.
Mostly we solve that by ourself or get hints here. From what I know this forum does not offer a psychologist or at home services with parts and inks.

I asure You everything You need is here since long ago in this forum, except from nannies if needed.

Last edited: