Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
If I works it hard to argue with.

Wayne

wss

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
For the benefit of those who are looking for tik-tak box - you don't really need it - any tank/container even without cap will work. You can cover the top of such open container with a piech of paper or plastik/don't need to glue it - simply put in from above.

I recommend to use a soap container - you can choose the right color, get better plastik compared to that in tik-tak box, you pay one small price and get Two parts each of which can be used as air tank. This way you simplify the construction by avoiding the need to have air exit pipe, glueing the side of tik-tak box in order to ensure that it is "ink leak proof/sealed". The large size of the container will deal with the "safety issue" as it can hold not only 20ml of ink but much more (roughly 120ml).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
wss said:
For the benefit of those who are looking for tik-tak box - you don't really need it - any tank/container even without cap will work. You can cover the top of such open container with a piech of paper or plastik/don't need to glue it - simply put in from above.

I recommend to use a soap container - you can choose the right color, get better plastik compared to that in tik-tak box, you pay one small price and get Two parts each of which can be used as air tank. This way you simplify the construction by avoiding the need to have air exit pipe, glueing the side of tik-tak box in order to ensure that it is "ink leak proof/sealed". The large size of the container will deal with the "safety issue" as it can hold not only 20ml of ink but much more (roughly 120ml).
I do think that you are missing the whole point of AAAs creation.. :hu

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Still, the design by aaa permits about 1 to 2 cm of balance pressure variation. The design I described above will hold balance pressure to within a few mm.....

But realize that the aaa construction makes use of very inexpensive, or free, materials.

Wayne

wss

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
I do think that you are missing the whole point of AAAs creation.. :hu
You overquote and give no useful information.
Please explain what exactly I don't understand and how it can be useful to other readers ?

turbguy said:
Still, the design by aaa permits about 1 to 2 cm of balance pressure variation
The soap container will reduce it 2-3 times as it is larger.
Your idea will certainly work, but it will not be automatic - you will loose ink with every significant temperature change - and after each time more and more ink (as there will be more air left in the ink bottle) - so yuo need to put it back - manually. Manual operation - it is like adjusting the heigh of the donor by adding paper every few days.

wss

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Where unclear video - all you see is part of syringes and nothing more.

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but you can see the ink flow. There is an outer (external) air gap or air plug.

5672_ttt.jpg

wss

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What it is, what it is for and how is it made ?