Nice. This is a very nice design, and I'll bet we will see more of these. I think I can summarize some of the design features.
First, a safety feature. The vent, shown in A43 by yellow arrows, runs high up on the bottle. This insures that the air regulator (the Tic-Tac box below the bottle) will not overflow if the cap is left untightened or there is an air leak at the printer.
Second, the air regulator (Tic-Tac box) has a large horizontal area, so the head (liquid level) will not change much if there is a large decrease in atmospheric pressure. It looks like a 10% drop in atmospheric pressure would cause approximately a 1 cm change in liquid level, or less.
Third, the outlet tube comes into the bottle from above. That means that pigment particles cannot settle into the tube and block the tube.
Fourth, the outlet tube is not attached to the filler cap. This is a convenience when you remove the cap.
Fifth, the hypodermic needle (or needles) constricts the flow, so the bottle can be opened and filled easily without pinching any tubes.
It might be worth mentioning that there is another design that accomplishes the same by very different means. Someone pointed out that you can regulate the pressure perfectly by floating the ink bottles in water. Then someone pointed out that you can do the same by floating the bottles on springs that are matched to the area of the bottles. I don't remember who did this, but someone made a very nice CIS using springs.