Reaction score
5672_a43.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I don't comprehend the reason for the chamber below the bottle. What's the difference with just this?

2540_clipboard01.jpg

Also, how do you prevent the chamber from filling with ink from the bottle when you remove the cap to refill the bottle?

Wayne

M

MiniMe

I can't wait for the video. I look forward to the drilling and hot waxing of the OEM carts...lol

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Turbgyu, watch A13 again. Can your tube with air to take, for example, 10 ml of ink? My air tank is approximately 20 ml.
My tube to the air tank is very slim, so I have 1-2 minutes of time to refill the bottle.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
AH! Thank you! The level in the "compensating chamber" does not change as significantly due to the larger cross-sectional area (about equal to or larger than the bottle cross sectional area) and kept close to the bottom of the bottle, too. So your design can keep the inlet head to the printer constant within several cm....

I guess you could also temporarily plug the air vent before and during refilling.

Certainly, atmospheric pressure can easily change by 3 cm Hg in a day, or about 39 cm of water! That does needs to be considered! But, does not a cheap CISS also effectively do this? See your Figure A13, depending on the cross-sectional area of the "vent" volume, the change in "H" could be very nominal. Your design will change "H" as well, particularly when atmospheric pressure increases, no?

Wayne

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Turbguy, can you write a short sentences? Then the Google translator does a better translation. :/

The larger cross-sectional area is not the main innovation.
This is the air tank position below, (under) of the ink tank.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Thank you!

The level in the "compensating chamber" does not change as much. It has a large cross sectional area. It is also close to the bottom of the bottle. Your design can keep the ink pressure to the printer constant, +/- several cm....

Can you temporarily block the air vent before and during refilling?

Atmospheric pressure can change 3 cm Hg in a day. That is 39 cm of water! That does needs to be considered.

Will a cheap CISS also do this? See your Figure A13. If the cross sectional area of the venting volume is large, then the change in "H" would be very small.

Your design will change "H" as well?

Wayne

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
turbguy said:
Can you temporarily block the air vent before and during refilling?
My innovation is that there's no need to do so completely.
You do not understand about the 39 cm of water.

My project (design) is completed, the final version. 3 years of use, the conclusion: good printing!

(I have seen your website. This is beautiful. My country does not have the mountains.)