Here to learn!

AdamBN

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-16500, XP-820
Greetings from The Land of Enchantment! (New Mexico, USA)
Am a retired Dad of 3 of whom I am immensely proud! All are California-born brought to New Mexico when small. All are honor graduates of the University of New Mexico in totally different fields and successful in their fields.
I am a crusty old Marine with a bit of experience with Epson printers going back to the days of impact and dot-matrix. My newest printer is a large format ET-16500 which continues to give me fits. Have spent many hours on the phone with Epson tech support with minimal success.
Printing with Black&White produces excellent crisp text, but print the same doc in color and I get a washed out result that looks like playing with water colors! If I print a photo the results are great even on regular paper. My old Xp-820 handles everything thrown at it, but is limited to smaller pages.
I look forward to learning as much as I can and appreciate -- in advance -- everyone's patience and courtesy with my questions!
Best Regards,
Adam

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, AdamBN.

Start a new thread for help with your Epson. Include a history of when and how the issue developed, what ink used, what paper the issue occurs on, a nozzle check. Be as specific as possible with details and links to ink and paper if aftermarket (not OEM Epson products).

Congratulations on the successes of your family. Thank you for your service.