Help with Epson inks and resetting device

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I received Epson 1400 and thoroughly tested. With Epson glossy photo papers, the pictures came out nice. Colors were well matched between the pictures on the screen and those on prints. My Cnon printers (i9900, ip6000D, i4000) could not match the colors by Epson printer. But it did poorly on inkjet papers. Anyway, I am very happy with the Epson. I also ordered a set of Epson SP1400 1400 Refillable Damper Cartridges + AUV Ink.

Here is a question: which system is better between CISS and damper system for Epson printer?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Inkjetcart's CISS for the Epson 1400 uses the same damper cart and chip system I believe.

ANy time it reads one color as empty and you hit the ink button to move the carriage to the exchange position you do one of two things depending on the chip set provided. Press a button and hit the ink button again. All ink colos positions that wer partially used up as well as the empty that triggered the erros event will be reset to full. The other type of chip has a slide switch. You begin with in th ON position and when you need a reset you set it to OFF, hit the ink button and it will ZERO out all the colors, switch it back to on and hit the ink button again and they will all come back top full. Either one works great! You refiallable damper carts are great becuase they have a little flapper lid you open up, inject the ink, close the flappers, reset and you're done. Initial fill and priming th carts is pretty easy, They almost self prime anyway and that is done with the syringes and near a sink!!!! I had a perfect nozzle check immediately upon and initial ink charge cycle.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hmmm, there is something strange with this topic...

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
pharmacist said:
Hmmm, there is something strange with this topic...
And exactly what is your problem???

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
slocumeddie said:
Too many plugs for Kirkland(Costco) paper.......??? :hu
I tired both Kirkland and Epson premium photo paper glossy. For printing on Kirkland papers, I used the same printing settings for the Epson papers.
To my eyeballs, the pictures look IDENTICAL between two. I might stick to Kirkland paper for the Epson printer.

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Today I tried to set up dampers with "Epson SP1400 1400 Refillable Damper Cartridges + AUV Inks". Idea was neat. The problem is too much leak of inks from the bottom of cartridges (or dampers). Inks drop too much. I could not figure out how to stop it. After setup, I looked at the cartridge compartment, its bottom was filled with leaked inks all over from all six cartridiges. If I can control the flow of inks, the damper system would be useful. How you guy could handle the ink flow problem.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
coldlshower said:
Today I tried to set up dampers with "Epson SP1400 1400 Refillable Damper Cartridges + AUV Inks". Idea was neat. The problem is too much leak of inks from the bottom of cartridges (or dampers). Inks drop too much. I could not figure out how to stop it. After setup, I looked at the cartridge compartment, its bottom was filled with leaked inks all over from all six cartridiges. If I can control the flow of inks, the damper system would be useful. How you guy could handle the ink flow problem.
The damper carts for your Epson 1400 will drip ink if you have them out of the printer with filling ports open. With filling ports closed and out of the printer, they will continue to drip ink, but at a much slower rate. In the printer they should not leak any ink. With damper carts you should always leave them in the printer and refill in the printer. If your carts are leaking ink in the printer then they may be defective and you should contact Ink Jet Carts.

Bob

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
bobjoek,

You're absolutely right for Epson 1400. So far I am happy with damper carts and its performance. What I noticed was that blue color (sky) is blusih, not that blue as you see sky. All other colors look the exact the same betwen those on screen and glossy photopapers.

BTW, how do you keep your carts from drying and how often do you do nozzle checking/head cleaning? The reason is that I do not print pictures now that often as before.