Help with Epson inks and resetting device

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I eventually ordered Epson stylus 1400 color printer last Saturday.
I am new to Epson printer. While waiting for its arrivel, I want to order third party refillable inks and chip resetting device.
Please advise me where to look for.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I have an Epson 1400 and am using ink from InkJetCarts.us with good results. Their ink closely matches the Epson Claria ink used in the 1400. If you order their damper cartridges, a chip resetter is not needed as they provide auto reset chips.

Bob

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Bob,

I visted InkJetCarts.com. There were three items which you might be talking about.

a) Epson 1400 refillable damper printhead cleaning kit with/ chip,
b) Epson 1400 SP1400 Damper Claria Refillable
c) Epson 1400 SP1400 dye sublmiation damper catridges refillable.

Since I am new to Epson, I could not know which one I should order.
Please advise me which item you are referring to.
I need your help. Thanks.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
You need the damper cartridges and the UV resistant ink "Epson SP1400 1400 Refillable Damper Cartridges + AUV Inks" or SKU: 1400 DSK 6-120. Also you should check the support section for articles and videos on installing the reset chip and the proper way to initially fill the cartridges.

Bob

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you so much.
BTW, where do you buy Epson printing papers. For Canon I used to buy phot papers (Kirkland) from Costco.
Where do you buy Epson photopapers?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am also using Inkjetcarts's Refillable Damper carts with reset to full sliding switch Chip.
When you get a "EmptyCart" Notice you click the INK button and the carriage will move to the cart change position. You then turn OFF the CHIP and click the INK button, now ALL the carts will read empty. Next you switch the chip back to ON and click the INK button again and ALL carts will ow read full. OF course you need to refill all your carts as you are bipassing the ink monitoring system and carts that may have been 50% low or almost empty will now falsely read as full. Not quite auto set but at least ALL the cart positions are reset to full. Less instances of having to reset an empty position. Some other CHIPS will only reset a single position at a time so you will be constantly resetting ramdom carts as they read empty. Not to mention the reduction of ink recharging cycles that occur after each cartrige change.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I usually buy my photo paper at atlex.com and usually find their prices to be low. Others on this forum may have experience with other suppliers. If you have any Kirtland paper left, try it on the Epson 1400. You may find that it will perform well. Also you should use profiles specific for the paper and ink that you are using for the most accurate results and make sure that your photo software (i.e., Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) is controlling the printer profile, not the printer.

Bob

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It looks that Epson 1400 would arrive this Friday or next Monday. I hope it performs better than Canon i9900.
When I examined thoroughly on i9900, the major problem is red color. It prints more like reddish brown or brown. All other colors look good on Kirkland paper.

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
bobjoek said:
I usually buy my photo paper at atlex.com and usually find their prices to be low.
Bob
On the way home today, I dropped by Office Depot. I bought a pack of Epson 6 x 4 paper, 100 (Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper 10.4 mil - 4x6 -100 sheets - borderless).
I paid $19.78 including tax. After coming home, I visited Atlex.com to order more if the price is cheaper. Indeed, its price for the idential item was lower, $11.49. but its shipping charge killed the online purchase. The cheapest shipping charge offered was $10.30 by UPS Grouond. The final bill would be $21.79. That means that buying at Office Depot was a better deal. It seems that on-line purchase does not guarantee a better deal. What do you think?

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I watch for promotions that offer reduced or free shipping charges.

Bob