Hello, Bruce Here

BruceW77

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/Pixma Pro-100S, Pro9000
I am Bruce from Melbourne Australia.
I have done my own printing for decades. I stared in the darkroom developing colour film in about 1980.
I started using Epson A4 printers, moved to Canon A4 printers when the Epsons died after a short period of time. The Epson's also used ink tanks with Cyan, Magenta and Yellow all in one cartridge, so when one colour ran out you threw the whole cart, except I started filling with 3rd party inks. Also Epson introduced chipped carts at about that time so moving to Canon was the obvious choice.
When Canon introduced the Pro9000, about 9 years ago I upgraded to A3+ size printing.
I made the mistake of buying a CIS for the Pro9000. It ruined the printhead. I replaced the CIS with 3rd Party Carts/Ink. About 2 years ago a second printhead started playing up, so the printer has sat unused for 2 years.
About 2 months ago I bought a Canon Pro 100S, which has been performing well. I actually bought a reconditioned printhead for the Pro9000, but have not installed it, since I now realise I should have kept the original Canon CLI-8 carts to refill.
I also have a negative and slide scanner and plan to one day scan in all my old negatives to print the best ones and produce slide shows.

Bruce

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Bruce. We have a few members from Australia and a number of members from all over the globe with histories similar to yours. All to say, you are in good company. Have fun!