Greetings from an Epson 9600 user

Georonimo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9600
Been beating myself stupid working on an old Epson Stylus Pro 9600.
I just found this site today and am amazed that very nearly all the info I needed was available under one roof.
I run labs for the UNO School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. We have not had a decent plotter for a few years now. I picked up this one from our university property control department. It had been discarded by the previous users and looked like it would be good for printing posters and ships plans for our faculty and students.
It needed far more work than I originally thought but would cost about $4000 to buy a new one. Anyway, I think it is right next to working after several weeks of monkeying with it.

Georonimo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9600
Thanks Peter,
This one you link to from dtgweb is revision A from May 2002. I found a service manual Revision C dated August 2004 that I got from here: https://yadi.sk/d/m4VbQmWrFRH63
The site, "manuals.by" has a lot of scary Russian text but the manual is in good old (sort of) American. Good thing for me its not in Danish! I have trouble even translating English into American.
At first glance, I actually thought the Rev A was better and clearer. Then, after comparing them, I realized that the manual is pretty much identical. It just made much more sense on second (or tenth) reading and my comprehension was greatly enhanced by hands on disassembly.
George