GOING THROUGH PRINTER HELL-Need recommendation on 8.5 x 11 art printer

artprint1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update 3

Ok now that I'm actually able to print, I did about 40 photos and, of course, am now completely out of black ink. (This was a brand new cartridge just purchased today.)

:(

Which brings me to the first point of coming to this forum.

To find a CIS solution!!!

So that's the next thing on my TODO list.

Find a CIS solution for the "Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II"

Or, try a different printer. (I have 30 days to decide if I need to take it back to Frys Electronics, or keep it.)

I think now that I understand the importance of non-curling paper, and now that I have this trick where I place exercise weights on top of my paper stack prior to printing, then perhaps I'm willing to try Epson again...

Eitherway, I'm currently out of black ink and need to make a decision soon.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

artprint1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So now that i've been playing with my Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II things have been pretty good.

I keep the heavy folex paper constantly under 50 pounds of weight. And I never put in less than 10 pieces at a time. By doing this, I seem to have eliminated the paper errors.

The question now is, "Do I want to implement a CIS solution, or take the printer back??"

I am happy with the quality, etc.

But I have heard in this thread, and elsewhere that CANON is NOT good for CIS??

What do you guys think? Should I try another Epson? Or stick with this printer, and I guess just buy this here:

http://www.inkxpro.com/Continuous-ink-system-for-Canon-Pixma-Pro9000-p/ciss-canon-pixma-pro-9000.htm

Here are some random cis vids with the canon 9000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs0QR2YThtM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrd5Go20Qo

Ideas MUCH appreciated - THANK YOU!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
As you now have use both Epson and Canon printer, ask yourself the same question Which one do I prefer,
after all its only you that matters no one else so if youre happy then you decide it.

The question on whether the 9000 will be good on a CISS has already being answered for you back in #21
and so has the use of refill cartridges and again the answer can only come from you.

It doesnt really matter which CISS you choose their all much the same quality but the inks inside them are a different matter
and so is your own installation; master Tank had the best set-up dough.

It is fair to ask our opinion on printer products but totally unfair to ask any member to make the final decision for you
because we all have our own preference and they simply may not be suitable for you.

Its down to a case of swings and roundabouts which one do you like/prefer
which one do think will work better for,

which one would you be happier with and last but not least
which one are you most comfortable using, Now make you decision.. :)

artprint1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
master Tank had the best set-up dough.
thanks - which one was "master tank"

is this a company?

artprint1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
"master tank" seems to be the creator of the video. possibly a thai company? I can't seem to locate them online...?

artprint1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Typically, the syringes are provided to refill the tanks with bulk ink (if the bulk ink bottles don't have a dispensing tip or device). But, why don't you ask the supplier?

Wayne

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
artprint1 said:
"master tank" seems to be the creator of the video. possibly a thai company? I can't seem to locate them online...?
When I suggested master tank to you, I was referring to their CISS installation set-up only, and not their products or inks.

ALL CISS Systems are made in china and are pretty much the same and some sellers get their inks in china as well as the CISS units,
so just because the seller is based in California doesnt mean a thing regarding the quality of their inks.

Running and maintaining a CISS on a Canon 9000 is a big learning curve so I can say that it is not the best printer to have your first experience on
because the CISS sellers provide very little information and help to you once you have purchased their system.

I would however strongly recommend you reconsider your decision on purchasing a CISS and use OEM refilled cartridges first
then if you still think a CISS would work better at least youd have had some time to get use to your new printer.. :)