FASTER cd/dvd printer than the IP4500 that can also be refilled.

gotloveforall

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I love the IP4500 but lately it can't keep up with my needs. It takes roughly 1 minute to print onto a CD/DVD, regardless of print quality settings.
Are there any comparable printers out there that are faster than the IP4500? But they also have to be able to refill the carts. Obviously. ;)

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :D

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what is the problem here, unless you do more that 50-60 per hour.

If you do that kind of volume on a consistent basis, why not just get an Epson with a CIS system. There are knowledgeable people here who could help you with this..I have NO expertise on these systems, but many people here do.

There are also cheap compatibles around for Epsons, many of which use pigmented, water-resistant and fade-resistant inks. Good luck, in any case....

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Since you have the setup for the iP4500, you can get another iP4500 at your local Kijiji or Craigslist. Part of your production time is changing disks between printing. You can streamline the production with two or more printers.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
gotloveforall said:
I love the IP4500 but lately it can't keep up with my needs. It takes roughly 1 minute to print onto a CD/DVD, regardless of print quality settings.
Are there any comparable printers out there that are faster than the IP4500? But they also have to be able to refill the carts. Obviously. ;)

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :D
Maybe you need to step up to a disk publisher class machine.
Many of the currently available solutions are here: (brace for sticker-shock)
http://www.supermediastore.com/printer.html

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The simplest method of gaining print speed is to pool printers on Windows XP. For this to happen, you need identical printers using identically the same driver.
If you search the web, there are lots of instructions on how to do this and it is actually quite simple. A few clicks on the printer properties and you're set to go.

What I have found is that on inkjet printers, you should use each printer on a separate USB port and not pool through a USB hub.

Pooling printers scales the speed exactly x the amount of printers you have. With the number of USB ports available on a newer PC, pretty soon, you will not be able to keep up. Pooling printers will gain you more speed than getting a faster printer as you'll find that with printers nowadays any speed increase is in fact not likely to double, triple or quadaruple the speed you currently have.

I have four Epson R260s and pool two for special occasions and could use all four anytime I needed the speed on demand.

gotloveforall

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
The simplest method of gaining print speed is to pool printers on Windows XP. For this to happen, you need identical printers using identically the same driver.
If you search the web, there are lots of instructions on how to do this and it is actually quite simple. A few clicks on the printer properties and you're set to go.

What I have found is that on inkjet printers, you should use each printer on a separate USB port and not pool through a USB hub.

Pooling printers scales the speed exactly x the amount of printers you have. With the number of USB ports available on a newer PC, pretty soon, you will not be able to keep up. Pooling printers will gain you more speed than getting a faster printer as you'll find that with printers nowadays any speed increase is in fact not likely to double, triple or quadaruple the speed you currently have.

I have four Epson R260s and pool two for special occasions and could use all four anytime I needed the speed on demand.
Thanks! I will definitely look into this pooling business. :)
Now I have another problem. My IP4500 has stopped printing BLACK onto discs... I just get a CYAN colour where the darker black should be.
I did a nozzle check and there in no black(BK) being printed. Sadly this is the same thing that happened to my OTHER IP4500. Since I had this new one, I did not bother fixing it. So now I have TWO IP4500 that will not print black. :(
Any help folks? :(

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The iP4500 has two black ink cartridges, the wider one is for pigment ink and the narrower one is for dye ink, like the other three narrow color cartridges. Which one are you having the problem with? You can tell by doing a nozzle check. It would be helpful if you could scan a nozzle check and upload the picture (using the Upload link at the top of this page) so we could see it.