Ever Wanted to Learn to use Photoshop ?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
My view on colour is on the record anyway. Chasing 3D gamut maps is for folks that don't trust their own visuals and fear that others will peep and point at theoreticals - just another piffle IMHO

I would think you have interesting views on camera/photography clubs and their competitions - by the way isn't it bedtime in Auz?

Last edited:

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a good time to mention Gimp. I don't know much about these programs, and I can't compare them, but Gimp has met my simple needs so far. It also has advanced features, and the price is right.

By the way, I have an old PS that I've never installed, as well as a recent PS Elements that has a rather poorly organized interface, in my opinion.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I would think you have interesting views on camera/photography clubs and their competitions - by the way isn't it bedtime in Auz?

I am ALWAYS asleep:epTHIS is but a dream:hugs

I joined a Club about five years ago and just hung in there year on year, attending perhaps three times a year. Over that time either they have started to step up to the plate, or I am easing off:gig

This year our Pres. is an Award winning lady Artist Photographer rather than the bog standard chinless, tweed coat, muppet with a ancient film camera resting gently on a rotund midriff, that endlessly espouses the vurtues of in-camera capture and damns Photoshop as cheating and a Dark Art.

So we will see, last year I would have risen to the bait as easily as a fat trout in a chalk stream. Today I can see a glimmer of hope that she will be a gentle rebel, rather than the wrecking ball that I would have been had I accepted the position. I proposed a comp devoted to Mobile phones and Phone apps. Blow me down if she is running with it and there are a number of enthusiastic members hell bent on bring it to life!!
Members and Competitors, are in part a reflection of the leadership, and there too I am seeing change.....
The types you allude to are still in our midst, usually as external judges, I avoid contact by not entering too many comps. I choose rather to post on our Facebook aimed at the general Membership where i can wax lyrical without having to pull myself down from combat mode before I utter a word:lol::lol:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
What I take from most guys unwillingness to use Adobe products is mostly from the cost of these Applications, it once was expensive and prohibitive to own these Application but not anymore.

Learning Photoshop admittedly is a daunting task when you only want to edit your photos properly, but that too can be overcome easily, you just need the right starting place, even if it’s not in ones DNA.

I came across this small booklet years ago on how to use Photoshop in easy steps which I used to introduce Photoshop to my grandson, it’s not your average booklet for learning, it’s easier than that and anyone can pick it up quickly. (No joke)

I would recommend this booklet to anyone who has a keen interest in learning “HOW” but always found it impossible to get anything done and so dumped it, or just didn’t bother.

Using Photoshop for everyday things and more can be accomplished if you read and use this booklet and best of all, you don’t even need the latest Photoshop either in fact any old Version back to 7 will work fine and can be gotten free I am told from the web. (License free)

The ISBN number of this booklet is: - 1 – 84078 – 276 - 5 and it retails at about tenner (Or Amazon) and is worth every penny, once you read this booklet you’ll become an accomplished user...

View attachment 2531 Click to enlarge..

You are on notice Mr. Hat,
The fuse is lit, and the clock is ticking!

I have ordered a copy from the Amazon USA at $10.98 PLUS $30 odd for Standard Post!!
Should arrive mid April May.

Be warned, there is an assassin ready and waiting upon my nod:lol::old

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
3dogs, like stratman, I find your descriptive powers entertaining and impressive, and doubtless derived from a good imagination and some magical quality, (provided they don't get too long).:)

It sounds as though you have a good president this year. If they can earn a living from their profession then I reckon they are good. As for judges, they have a difficult task to please everyone. I think images should be displayed to the public vote, not just the local gang.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You are on notice Mr. Hat,
The fuse is lit, and the clock is ticking!
Be warned, there is an assassin ready and waiting upon my nod:lol::old
Aim true my friend, I would hate for you to hit @stratman :fl instead of your intended target, :hide O’ you could have tried your local Library for a copy.

P.S. I don’t remember anything in the book about telescopic sights.. :oops:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Aim true my friend, I would hate for you to hit @stratman :fl instead of your intended target, :hide O’ you could have tried your local Library for a copy.

P.S. I don’t remember anything in the book about telescopic sights.. :oops:

Now now Mr. Hat, I see nowhere in your epistle, where Stratman stood guarantor for your (glowing) claims of this book. You stand alone Brian.......:celebrate:sick. in da spotlight as it were......ALONE and terrified :hitin da DARK :drool.......:lol:

Forget the telescopic sights, it will be up close, starin' into dem beady, beady eye of da assassin man in his black suit and cape 'an all that scary stuff:weee

:cool:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have ordered a copy from the Amazon USA at $10.98 PLUS $30 odd for Standard Post!!
Ouch! If only this were at your local Walmart I betcha you would have saved a lot of money.

Now now Mr. Hat, I see nowhere in your epistle, where Stratman stood guarantor for your (glowing) claims of this book. You stand alone Brian.......:celebrate:sick
I believe uncle The Hat. It worked for him. Will it work for you? :idunno If it is step by step, every step, then :ya! Or it might be like interfaces of applications that seem ergonomic to some and not to others. :hit

3dogs, like stratman, I find your descriptive powers entertaining and impressive, and doubtless derived from a good imagination and some magical quality, (provided they don't get too long).:)
High praise. Thank you. 3dogs definitely has a gift for gab! While I wonder if the sun has cooked his noggin or he ate the wrong mushroom :sick, he is quite entertaining with his rants.
Maybe 3dogs could parlay it into a career from home.
money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
it will be up close, starin' into dem beady, beady eye of da assassin man in his black suit and cape 'an all that scary stuff:weee
So I look forwards to having a bit a Craic and booze with the man in black and by dawn he’ll be lucky to be able to stand to pee.. :th :gig
High praise. Thank you. 3dogs definitely has a gift for gab!, he is quite entertaining with his rants.
Or channel all that good and wasted energy into… dare I say it writing a BOOK.. :duc :plbb

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
dare I say it writing a BOOK..
Or an article or a short story or a Dear Abbey column in the local paper. That's what I meant by career. :woot