Epson XP-700 printers ink pad is at end of service life.

Rogerde

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson xp-700
Hi, new to forums.
Epson XP=700 printer came up with pinters ink pad is at the end of its service life, and asking me to contact support.
Now I've got replacement pads but is there a way to reset levels for free.
If I have to have it serviced then it may as well go in bin and I'd rather buy a new printer.

Thanks in advance for for any info.

Rogerde

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Rogerde.

I don't know about free but I have read you can buy the WIC Reset Key and then use the reset utility.

Googling "WIC Reset Key" will provide a number of sites, including a trusted forum member Websnail who owns Octoink out of England.

Rogerde

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson xp-700
Thanks for that stratman.

Just googled and found Octoink site.
Just need to read up on how to use reset utility then get me a reset key and all good? I hope.

Thanks again.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have no affiliation with Octoink and know websnail only from this forum and from what I have seen in this forum he is a stand up honest person. I would not hesitate to buy from him... unless his prices were much higher than others. :)

As always, buy from whomever you feel best, often from someone in your own country.

If you have questions on using websnail's WIC Reset utility then email Websnail at his web site's address. This may be the best way to contact.

You could try sending @websnail a private message on the forum by starting a Conversation with him. Click on the envelope icon next to your name in the upper right hand portion of the screen. beging to type out "W e b s n a i l" and you will see names pop up that correspond to the letters you cave typed. Choose the person, then enter a title for the message (subject heading), type out your message and then send.

You may have seen I used an "@" (at sign) before his name above. This will send an alert to him the next time he logs on that somebody mentioned him in a post and he can click on the alert to go to that post.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
get me a reset key and all good? I hope.
I hope for you, too. I don't have Epsons so I am just going by what I've read or heard. Ask your questions of those knowledgeable before buying to make sure it is exactly what you need. :old

willisn

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3110
All I can recommend you is to buy the WIC Reset Key from any reputable provider so you can fix your printer. Other ways is to test various Epson Resetters and see how it goes. Anyway, I can vouch for the WIC Reset Utility since this is a very popular reset tool which is widely used for different printer models.