Epson WF-7710 what ink to use ?

Chervenkov

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
Hi guys,
I am currently using alternative cartridges, but the colors are not good.
I tried refilling cartridges with epson 103 ink, but it doesn't want to print - the printer gets clogged.
Can I use refillable cartridges with original ink - epson tube? for example 6641 or 6741.
If not, what alternative ink should I look for?
Thank you very much for the help.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
This printer uses Durabrite pigmented inks, but these are not available in bottles. But you have an option - you can use the genuine Epson pigmented inks in bottles for the ET5800 which is a brandnew office combo model, targetted for the same office type applications as your WF7710 unit. The inks are Epson 113 inks in Europe but may have another name/number in other business regions.

Chervenkov

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
I am from Bulgaria, but there is no Epson 113 here. They offered me dye inks that work with CISS systems. What do you think, should I use dye ink?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson is coming out with new printers ET-5800/5850 1660/16650 which are Ecotank printers, and the pigmented ink 113 is in bottles, try to look for these new printers. I cannot say that you should use dye inks - yes, you can, it all depends what you are typically printing - photos, documents or else ? You may even mix a pigment black with CMY dye inks - it's up to you depending what fits your typical printer use most.

Chervenkov

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
I use it for technical drawings - mostly lines and allergy cartridges can't get the right colors. The red comes out slightly pinkish, the black color is a grayish.

I look at epson L1455 and see that it is pigment black and dye CMU inks. Will I be able to use its T664 and t774 inks?
Will the printer clog as it did with Epson 103 inks?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are using refill cartridges - apparent clogging is not always an issue with the ink but can be caused by those cartridges - by inproper airflow or impeded inkflow, bad seating in the carriage and more - it just appears to be a clog but it is insufficient inkflow, it is sometimes difficult to analyze and separate the causes. I wouldn't see a problem to use the 664 inks. Color shifts can possibly corrected via some adjustments in the driver - in the color adjustment mode - if necessary.

Chervenkov

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
Thank you for your help. Sorry for bothering you again. I did a test with dye ink (unknown manufacturer) with only one color and it doesn't want to print. I guess the problem is in the cartridge and that's why the ink doesn't come out. I tried with a needle whether it would release ink by pressing the spring valve, but no ink came out. Actually it was released only once but extremely defficult. When I did the same test with a neddle on the alternative cartridge it seems that there is no spring valve when I press it. I'll wait for some color to finish and disassemble the cartridge to see if it's the same construction.
As a solution, I see using the alternative cartridges, changing the chip on them and supplementing them with ink. How do I know if they are filled with dye or pigment ink? Will there be a problem if there is dye ink and I supplement it with pigment?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not really clear what you did - are you using a refill catridge and fille it up wtih dye ink ? Did you open the vent hole of the cartridge ? Or are you using a 3rd party ink cartridge which come with dye ink in some cases ?. You don't need to use a needle, you can push a syringe directly into the ink outlet of the cartridge, with some force and you may tilt the syringe slightly sideways, that should let you easily pull all ink out of the cartridge. Some alternate cartridges don't have a spring valve at the ink outlet, some even may start leaking if they are not installed quickly.

Chervenkov

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
I used an aliexpress cartridge with a reset chip and dye ink. The filling hole was plugged and the vent was open.
I tested for air through the air hole and through the ink hole. I tested and can withdraw ink when the cartridge is tilted. I am looking for pigment inks epson 105 and epson 112 and there are none in Bulgaria. But I still can't explain why I don't print with this cartridge. I enclose a photo.
viber_изображение_2020-06-01_22-20-41.jpg
viber_изображение_2020-06-01_22-20-43.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There are various types of cartridge construction on the market, one of the circular chambers is connected to the ink outlet, and that chamber should contain some ink, you should fill the cartridge with ink and turn it such that you pull ink, not air into the chamber with the syringe, these cartridges need a priming action. You could do that in the printer and run several cleaning cycles but that would waste ink from the other cartridges so do it outside of the printer and insert it then after this action.