Epson WF-7010 Black Ink bronzing using inkjetcarts bulk ink?

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
AFAIK the WF 7010 / 7015 dosnt use black ink at all when printing in Photo Mode, it mixes it with 3 colors

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
cls said:
AFAIK the WF 7010 / 7015 dosnt use black ink at all when printing in Photo Mode, it mixes it with 3 colors
Try telling it you are using matte paper or plain paper and the black channel is now turned on. The Durabrite Black is matte black which is not to be used on photopapers. You'll get heavy deposition on the surface with black carbon which rubs off easily. It is meant for open pore papers and meant to sit pretty high on the paper to retain the deep carbon black. Even though the vinyl has a semigloss finish, my suspicion is that it will not adhere to the surface well.

The WF series is primarily a text printer with graphics and bar charts etc. printing. ... hence WorkForce. It was never really meant for photos where you need need a black. The OEM inks are matched to reach black. You will need to find a compatible set of inks and likely need an ICC to reach a reasonable black.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
The OP is trying to create waterproof vinyl decals. I make them myself with the same kind of vinyl (Sihl is the only truly highly water resistant outdoor vinyl that works with inkjets, though you still need an overlaminate for long term use). Pigment ink is required for this application so the WF or the 1400 with pigment refills (or better) are the only options to print on this. I use the 1400 now because I think the Workforces are crap when it comes to printing vibrant blues, while the HP 8X00 series are all-pigment 4-color, they can print bright sapphire and royal blues, while the best I ever got out of my 1100 was Dark Navy.

Try using either matte or even just plain paper at the highest quality so that the printer uses the black cartridge instead of trying to "make" black out of CMY. The Sihl isn't intended to be super detailed photo paper, but it is decently high quality. I don't remember if the WF printers use the black ink carts on matte papers or only if you use plain paper mode. I don't have the 1100 hooked up right now so I don't know the exact options you get, but if it has different types of plain paper, use the best one. I want to say I used the Premium Presentation Paper Matte setting on Sihl vinyl.

CRANK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Fenrir Enterprises said:
The OP is trying to create waterproof vinyl decals. I make them myself with the same kind of vinyl (Sihl is the only truly highly water resistant outdoor vinyl that works with inkjets, though you still need an overlaminate for long term use). Pigment ink is required for this application so the WF or the 1400 with pigment refills (or better) are the only options to print on this. I use the 1400 now because I think the Workforces are crap when it comes to printing vibrant blues, while the HP 8X00 series are all-pigment 4-color, they can print bright sapphire and royal blues, while the best I ever got out of my 1100 was Dark Navy.

Try using either matte or even just plain paper at the highest quality so that the printer uses the black cartridge instead of trying to "make" black out of CMY. The Sihl isn't intended to be super detailed photo paper, but it is decently high quality. I don't remember if the WF printers use the black ink carts on matte papers or only if you use plain paper mode. I don't have the 1100 hooked up right now so I don't know the exact options you get, but if it has different types of plain paper, use the best one. I want to say I used the Premium Presentation Paper Matte setting on Sihl vinyl.
Yes this is exactly what I am trying to do. I am printing on sihl 3988 and laminating with oraguard 210.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Would you not try using photo black instead of the matte black in that cartridge also.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I printed on Sihl with the default IJC inks and it came out fine. But I used Matte paper mode, not Semi-Gloss or Glossy. That doesn't mean he changed the ink he sends now, though.

CRANK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Fenrir Enterprises said:
I printed on Sihl with the default IJC inks and it came out fine. But I used Matte paper mode, not Semi-Gloss or Glossy. That doesn't mean he changed the ink he sends now, though.
Fenrir can you post what your settings are for best results? I will list mine for you.

EPSON WF-7010 Series Advanced Driver Settings

Paper Source : Auto Select
Document Size : Letter (8 1/2 x 11 in)
Borderless : Off
Orientation : Portrait
Paper Type : Premium Photo Paper Semi-Gloss
Quality : Best Quality
Color : Color
Reduce/Enlarge Document : Off
2-Sided Printing : Off
Create Folded Booklet : Off
Pages per Sheet : Off
Poster : Off
Copies : 1
Collate : Off
Reverse Order : On
Rotate 180 : Off
Mirror Image : Off
Color Management : No Color Adjustment
Color Mode : -
Gamma : 2.2
Edge Smoothing : Off
Watermark : None
High Speed : Off
Fix Red-Eye : Off
EXTENDED SETTINGS
Print Density : +10

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
No color Management is only meant when you are printing through a Photo Editor and want to use an ICC profile through that same Photo editor. So then since the photo editor is controlling color mapping through that very ICC profile, you then have to turn color management or Color Adjustment in the printer so you do not end up trying to control color mapping through both the photo editor and the printer driver.

Try allowing the printer driver to control color and use a setting like sRGB.

Joe

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I don't have my 1100 hooked up, so I can't look at the actual settings. Leave the color controls on Epson Vivid, but I think your biggest problem is using Semi-Gloss. Use Matte.

CRANK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
No color Management is only meant when you are printing through a Photo Editor and want to use an ICC profile through that same Photo editor. So then since the photo editor is controlling color mapping through that very ICC profile, you then have to turn color management or Color Adjustment in the printer so you do not end up trying to control color mapping through both the photo editor and the printer driver.

Try allowing the printer driver to control color and use a setting like sRGB.

Joe
I am printing through ms publisher 2013. How do I select sRGB?